Part III

PART III

"Mom, did we win the lottery or something?" Lisa asked after she saw the feast on their dining table.

"We don't even bet on the lottery. How can we win?" Her mom grinned and ushered them to sit.

"Jaimee and I met at the store while I was buying ingredients for tonight and she bought all of these."

Jaimee in a convenient store? That doesn't sound right. Unless their family owned that convenience.

Somehow, Lisa knew the other girl planned all this.

She sat down with Jaimee sitting comfortably across her. Keith was on her side, across Elsa.

Their dinner was really a feast. At least, for Lisa and her mother. They don't even prepare this much food during Thanksgiving. Well, it's not that they don't, it's just that they can't*.

There was roast chicken on the table, with mashed potato and gravy, some salad and Lisa can already smell apple pie fresh out of the oven.

She turned at Jaimee. "You didn't have to buy us this. You're our guest," Lisa spoke softly.

Although if it was up to me, I wouldn't let you get near me ever again.*

The girl shrugged carelessly. "I wanted to."

In Lisa's mind, she was already formulating ways to pay Jaimee back. It might take a couple of her paychecks and one week worth of lunch money though.

But as if reading her thoughts, Jaimee spoke.

"You don't have to pay me back. You could just tutor me or something," the blue-eyed girl dismissed. "Can you pass me the gravy?" the cheerleader asked instead, eyeing Lisa with a look Lisa just can't place.

It's literally in front of her! She's doing this on purpose.*

Lisa gritted her teeth, but she complied.

Jaimee took this opportunity to slightly caress Lisa's hand as she passed the gravy. Lisa almost dropped the sauce at the electrifying contact. She glared at the other girl who smirked at her reaction, seemingly pleased that she still had an effect on the cute girl.

"Here, put some more mashed potato on your plate. It's good," Keith interrupted and put food into Lisa's plate. The quaint girl smiled awkwardly.

"You really need to eat more," Jaimee suddenly added, putting another piece of chicken on her already full plate before raising an eyebrow and giving Keith a certain look.

Lisa and her mother were taken back by their guests' unusual behavior, but if Elsa was bothered by it she didn't let it show. Lisa, however, was sweating bullets. She didn't know Keith or Jaimee that well, but if they had any kind of animosity with each other they better settle it outside Lisa's house.

After dinner, Lisa did the dishes as per usual while Elsa went to check on her herbs and get ready for her part-time job.

"Let me help you, Lisa. It's the least I could do for the free food," Kieth smiled at her.

Jaimee, not one to be outdone, offered to help do the dishes too. At that, Lisa raised an eyebrow at.

"Do you even know how to wash dishes?" she asked.

The other girl shrugged, "You just load it inside a dishwasher, right?"

"Do you see a dishwasher here? No, Jaimee. We do it manually. Like normal people," Lisa said, "You can go ahead and let me finish this."