Part XVI

"Well, well, well. This, you don't see everyday."

Jaimee's head turned to find a blurry form of a man beside her. The flashy club lights didn't help her vision, but soon she found a grinning Keith beside her. Her already spinning head spun even more.

"Go awaaay," she grumbled, looking at anywhere but the annoying man.

"Well damn, Reed. If you're not trying to get alcohol poisoning, then I don't know what you're trying to do," Keith said, in awe of how much shot glasses, beer bottles, and a whole other glasses in front of the clearly drunk young Reed.

"I'mma punch you in the face if you don't get out of my face," Jaimee threatened.

Keith chuckled, ignoring the woman's threat and sitting down beside her. "So, what's the occasion?"

Jaimee, too drunk to care anyways, sighed and took another shot. She cringed at the way the alcohol went down her throat but hummed when she felt the buzz.

"I'm celebrating, Hallin. I'm finally a free woman!" she slurred, raising her two hands in the air.

"Geez. Don't tell me you were in jail the whole time I didn't see you?" Keith asked, amused.

"Yess. My heart," Jaimee dramatically pointed to her chest, "my heart was imprisoned all these time." Then her head slumped down the bar counter.

Keith turned to the bartender. "How long had she been drinking?"

The bartender shrugged. "Ms. Reed has been here since morning. She opened the place herself and started drinking."

"Jesus," Keith exclaimed, seeing that it was already midnight. He turned his attention to the drunk woman again. A mischievous smile played his face.

"Tell me, Reed. Who had your heart all these years?" Keith asked as he took out his phone and recorded Jaimee.

At the mention of that, Keith saw a stupid dopey smile on Jaimee's face.

"She's the most beautiful woman I have ever seen," Jaimee gushed, clearly out of it as she looked at the ceiling dreamily. "She wears glasses and have these deep brown eyes that I just want to drown in. And she ha-" Burp. "She has the nicest smelling hair ever. Oh, she also has this..." Jaimee, with both of her hands, tried to make a heart shape and then point it at her temple. "It's the cutest thing I have ever seen." Jaimee finished.

Keith paused. "Wait, are you talking about my sister?"

Jaimee laughed heartily. "Fuck no. She couldn't possibly have a brother that looks like you! She's an angeeel..."

Keith stopped recording and crossed his arms across his chest. "Well, that's not very nice, Jaimee."

"I'm sowwweeee..." Jaimee cooed before taking another shot and guzzling some more beer. "I love herrrrr... But she's marrying someone..."

At that, Keith paused and carefully looked at the drunk woman before him.

Keith almost felt sorry for Jaimee. It's obvious that Lisa canceled their dinner plans last night to somehow talk to Jaimee and looks like Jaimee heared the news. Truth be told, Keith doesn't want Jaimee to be his sister-in-law. He adores Jillian. He believes that Jillian is definitely the one for Lisa. But seeing Jaimee like this made him a tiny bit guilty. Just a tiny bit.

A little tiny bit.

"Well," He started, stealing one of Jaimee's beers and drinking half of it in one go, "You should just be happy for her. She's happy marrying this other person, right?"