Part VI

PART VI

Jaimee's lips curved into a smile as she inspected the rose she just cut from their flower garden. She removed the thorns from the beautiful flower and admired it once more.

Jaimee stood up and removed her thick gardening gloves, putting it down on a nearby garden chair.

I wonder if she likes roses.*

Jaimee put the rose near her nose and smelled, despite knowing that the rose wouldn't have a distinguishable smell—especially around other more fragrant flowers that surrounded her. Satisfied with her flower, she walked back inside their mansion.

She made her way up the grand marble staircase and traced the banister with a finger to inspect it for dust—not that she was gonna do anything if she found any. Alfred, their butler, is already having a hard time finding maids as it is and Jaimee is too exhausted to fire someone.

Jaimee quietly made her way to her room and paused at the door. She listened for any movement inside and, hearing no sound from the other side, braced herself before going in.

Lisa was seated on Jaimee's bed, having just woken up. She looked disoriented and confused after waking up in a bed that was bigger than their living room. The sound of the door opening made Lisa's head turn. Nervous blue eyes met expressive brown.

Jaimee visibly gulped to ease her parched throat. She wasn't quite sure how to approach Lisa. But her feet had its own mind as it brought her closer to the quiet girl on the bed.

Slow; unsure.

Jaimee finally stood in front of the girl, desperately finding words to say to Lisa.

"I—" she started but suddenly, Lisa bolted away from her and went towards the door. Jaimee sprinted after the smaller girl, catching up with her on time and wrapping her arms around Lisa's waist.

"Let go of me!" Lisa shouted, wriggling her way out of the arms that held her as fresh tears poured out from her eyes.

"No," Jaimee tried to calm the girl down, her own voice breaking. "Lisa, please listen to me first."

"I hate you!" Sobs erupted from Lisa. "I hate you!"

"Please Lisa, I beg you. Let me talk," she pleaded desperately.

"No! You don't get to have my forgiveness. You don't deserve anything!" Finally, Lisa broke free and faced the tormented Jaimee with so much anger in her eyes. "You are an evil, manipulative bitch! You are selfish! You don't care about other people's feelings."

Jaimee pushed Jaimee with all her might, causing the other teen to tumble a few steps back.

"Most of all, you're a spoiled brat who can't take no for an answer!"

Lisa was panting and shaking from so much anger and frustration. Pure rage ran through her veins. She felt like a pawn in someone else's game and it angered her even more because Jaimee just can't seem to realize she's human too!

Jaimee lifted her gaze from the floor and Lisa was caught off guard when she saw tears brimming in Jaimee's eye. She looked vulnerable, weak and very much hurt. Suddenly, it's as if they both went back to their first night together. When Jaimee opened up to her and showed her true self.

Jaimee smiled sadly, taking a step back to put some distance between them.

"I know, Lisa. I know," Jaimee held the rose out and offered it to Lisa. "A red rose signifies deep, passionate love."

When Lisa didn't move, Jaimee reached out and took one of Lisa's hands and put the rose in there as Lisa watched her strange behavior. "This is how I truly feel about you."