Chapter Four- Arizona's Place

"Morning Princess." My dad smiled warmly at me as I walked into the kitchen, he was sitting at the kitchen table, a paper in front of him and a mug of tea in his hand.

"Morning dad." I smiled back at him, taking a seat next to him.

"Is it alright if I go to a friends after school?" I asked him. It was Wednesday, the day Arizona and I had agreed to spend the evening at hers.

"Of course you can, as long as you tell us, we're fine with you spending time with your friends." He gave my hand a little squeeze. As my parents only child, they were overprotective of me, I know it's only because they care, so, I don't mind. "By any chance is this the same friend that you spent Monday with?"

"Yep." I said popping the p.

"And you're sure its not boy?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Dad, first she's not a boy, at least I don't think she is." He laughed and I joined in, "And second you don't have to worry about me having a boyfriend." At least I wasn't lying, I was never going to have a boyfriend. He chuckled and rubbed my hair like a child.

"I know I don't Princess, you're a responsible young lady now." He gently flicked my nose, and I flicked his nose back. It was some-what a tradition for the two of us now. My mum was always so busy with work, that my dad and I had grown extremely close, we told each everything, well in my case, almost everything.

My dad is handsome man, with wavy chocolate brown hair that women found irresistible and the softest green eyes, he is also very athletic and keeps himself in great shape. My mum used to joke about having only fallen for my dad because of his looks, when I was younger I used to believe she was joking, now, however, I see how different the two really are. My dad is so kind and warm, always willing to help. My mum on the other hand was the complete opposite, unwilling to help anyone unless it benefits her. I had always hoped I would end up just like my dad.

"Where's mum?" I asked him. He frowned just for a split second, that's when you saw how the years had affected him, the lines on his forehead, the thin lips, when he smiled you missed all those signs of ageing.

"She had to go in early for work." He gave me a small smile and returned to his paper. I gave him a quick kiss on the check and stood up from the table. "Have a nice day Princess." He called to me as I grabbed my bag from the hallway, along with my car keys.

"Have a nice day at work." I called back as I left the house.

The bell for lunch rang just as I was finishing my English essay for Mr. Conroy. I looked up from my table in the library to see that everyone else had already cleared out for lunch. I packed away my stuff but remained seated. Half an hour earlier Courtney had text me to tell me to wait in the library for her, she had something important to tell me. Five minutes later, Courtney came walking through the library doors. She has frees now, so what ever it was she has to say it must be important for her to not have left immediately.

"Hey Mickie." Courtney smiled at me, making the butterflies return to my stomach.

"Hey Courtney." I smiled back at her, "How was Geography?"

"Interesting." Her smile widened, showing her perfect teeth, that hadn't required braces. "I found out something about our little 'friend'." Arizona.

"Yeah. What did you find out?"

"Stefan Mitchell tried asking her out in Law this morning." I nodded for her to continue, a strange feeling passed over me. Jealousy? No, it can't be. "She knocked him back, but he persisted. Apparently she was close to tears when she told him that she had just got out of a messy relationship."