Chapter Seven- The Truth Hurts

---------------------------------------

Arizona's P.O.V

---------------------------------------

I threw my school bag into the corner of my bedroom before throwing myself onto the bed.

"AGHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs into the pillow, hoping to muffle the sound of my screams as best as I could.

I can't believe that, once again, I was outed by a person I trusted. It's not like I wasn't going  to tell anyone, I was, eventually. It's the fact that someone else, someone I trusted, thought they had the right to tell everyone something personal about myself. I wanted to be the one to tell everyone, I wanted to show them that I was damn proud of who I am, but I wanted to be settled in before the whole school knew.

Three consecutive knocks came from my bedroom door, followed by the sound of my dad's voice, "Hey Ari, is everything alright?" He must have heard my screaming, hiding my screams is not one of my talents unfortunately.

"No dad, everything is not 'alright'. The whole school knows I'm gay." I groaned and sat up. He was leaning against the open door, I couldn't help but smile, it was so sweet the way he knocked on my door even though it was open, my mum would have just walked right in, yet there he was waiting for permission. He took my smile as his cue to enter, he sat down beside me and I leant my head on his shoulder.

"What happened to the whole, 'I don't care if they all know, that's me and if they don't like it they can take a running jump'?" He asked, using my own words against me.

"I still feel like that dad, but it's hard, I haven't even been there a week. I just wanted to be prepared for when they all found out."

"Prepared? Prepared for what?" He asked sounding extremely confused.

I sighed, it's so easy for him and for all those who call themselves straight. They don't face the same prejudices, nowhere near the sort we face. They don't receive dirty looks or get asked stupid questions. I have never heard a straight person being asked 'how long they have been straight?' I mean they have it so easy, I'm more than willing to admit that I am jealous of how easy they have it, and yes, occasionally I had wished that I were straight or even contemplated pretending to be straight to live an easier life.

"I don't know dad. Just prepared, you know, ready for the names they call me and the way they treat me differently. I just wanted to be settled in enough to be able to confidently tell them to go fuc- do, themselves. I can't describe it dad, I just wasn't ready for everyone to know yet." I nuzzled my head into his chest as he turned to face me wrapping his arms, protectively, around me. He gave the top of my head a soft kiss.

"How did they find out?" He asked, finally breaking the silence that had fallen between us.

"Someone did their research, and felt it was best to warn the whole school." I didn't mention Mickie for two reasons, one: my dad loved her, he thought she was a great girl and I know he was secretly hoping we got together and I didn't have the heart to ruin his opinion of her, two: really Mickie is just a pawn in Courtney's game and I know what it's like to be in that position, I would have given my right arm to please Annabelle.

"Did they find out about Sasha sweetie?" He said so softly, that I almost, didn't flinch at the mention of her name, almost being the key word here.

"No they don't know about her and they never will, I guaran-damn-tee it." I said bitterly, clenching my jaw out of habit.  

"I'm sorry Ari, I know it can't be easy for you. Everything you faced before and now..." I felt his body tense.