Chapter Sixteen- Enough is Enough

Hey guys, so there's only a few chapters left for this story! Finally coming to an end! So, who do you want to see Mickie with, Courtney, or Arizona? Let me know! I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Courtney kissed me. I kissed Courtney. I cheated on Arizona. With Courtney. What the hell had I done?

I ran my hands through my hair before rubbing my face, feeling tired all of a sudden. I was so tired, so mentally tired. I felt completely drained as I lay on my bed staring at the celling wishing that I could somehow take back what I had done just a few hours beforehand. I hated myself for what I had done, I didn't deserve Arizona, and when she finds out what I did, there is no doubt she will leave me. As guilty as I felt for cheating on Arizona, I couldn't help but remember how right it had felt to be kissing Courtney.

A knock on my bedroom door brought me out of my thoughts, "Come in." I called to my dad, knowing he was most likely worried about me since I hadn't said a word to him since I had arrived home. He made me feel even more guilty when he asked me how Arizona was holding up, I hadn't answered him as I ran up to my room and locked myself away.

"Hey princess." He smiled at me as he struggled to open the door with two cups of hot chocolate. I jumped up off the bed to help him, laughing as he almost spilt it everywhere. I went to ask him how he had managed to knock on the door and actually open it, but thought better of it. I took a mug from his hand and went and sat back on the bed, watching as my dad followed my lead.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, blowing air onto our hot chocolates to cool them down and taking small sips. I knew he was waiting for me to say something, but I didn't know how or even what to tell him. He really liked Arizona, and me hurting her was like hurting him too, and I hated hurting him. I can't even imagine how he will react when I tell him what I did, he will be so disappointed and thats much worse than being angry.

I sighed, bring my legs up and crossing them on the bed. "I did something stupid dad." I admitted. Looking down at the clear brown liquid in my mug, I swirled it in my hands watching it with mild fascination. I finally looked up at him when he lifted the mug out of my hands and placed it on the bedside cabinet. I looked up and into his warm brown eyes, full of concern.

"Princess, whatever you did, I'm sure it's not that bad." He reassured me, placing a hand on top of mine. I almost laughed out loud at how wrong is statement was. I had done something so bad, with no logical reason for having done so.

I swallowed nervously, my throat feeling very dry all of a sudden. "I... Earlier I..." I trailed off, licking my dry lips, not able to form a sentence. What if he hates me for what I did? "I cheated on Arizona." I whispered, shocked that I was actually able to admit it out loud, and hearing it made me feel ten times more guilty. I looked at my dad and saw how confused and sad he looked.

"I don't understand Mickie, I thought you were happy with Arizona."

"I was happy with her. I am, happy with her. I just can't explain it, it's just..." I trailed off, feeling the tears form in my eyes, and suddenly feeling choked with emotion. I felt even worse for being this emotional, I didn't have the right to be this upset, or to cry, I wasn't the one who had been hurt, I wasn't the victim. I was the one in the wrong. I lowered my head and placed it in my hands.

I heard my dad sigh from beside me, and felt his arm wrap around my shoulders bringing me towards him and into a hug. "I always thought this would be your mum's job, dealing with bo- girl troubles." He chuckled softly, and I felt his chest move. "I know it's tough being your age, you're judged for every little thing you do, you have a certain life you're supposed to be leading. Sometimes you make choices in life that later you come to regret, but at the time seemed sensible. Often you will pay for making the wrong choice, but it is through making the wrong choice that you learn."