Passer by {jongup}

~jongup~

I check the time, a small smile creeping into my face once I seen it was almost 12. Every day, for the past month or so, I have walked through the park at 12 o'clock sharp. At first it was just the odd day when I need to go to the shop, see my friends or just to get out the house. But since I noticed her sitting on the bench, a book in one hand coffee in the other, I have made the effort to leave everyday just to see her.

At first she didn't even notice me, but after a while she began to glance up once I would walk by. It soon changed to a small smile, growing into a wave at each other. It was now a friendly 'good afternoon' as we passed. Today I planned on introducing myself, striking up a conversation and see where it leads us.

I grabbed my jacket, slipping it on before walking to the door to fetch my shoes, slipping them on too. Once dressed and ready to go, I glanced in the mirror to quickly fix my hair, opening the door to my apartment and stepping out. I quickly locked the door, slipping the keys into my pocket as I walked away. 

The walk to the park was reasonably shot seeing as I lived down the road from it. I peeked through the large gates, glancing over at the bench she always sits at, I noticed her quietly reading. I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves, slowly beginning to walk up to her.

~you~

I sat on my regular bench, always preferring this bench as it had a pretty view of the small lake in the middle of the park. I placed my bag on the floor, rooting through it till I found my book. I looked up to see if I could spot the boy who always walks past, but sadly I couldn't. I have wanted to speak to him for a while now but have been to shy.

I decided to wait patiently, as it wasn't quite time for him to walk past yet, opening my book to the chapter I left off at. I ended up Getting so engrossed in the book I lost track of time, jumping when I heard the familiar voice.

"Good afternoon~!" The boys soft voice rang out causing me to snap my head up.

Normally he would be walking past as he said this, but this time he was walking right up to me. I panicked slightly.

"G-good afternoon" I stuttered, looking  down with embarrassment as he sat beside me.

"I'm jongup" he smiled politely, offering his hand which I gladly shook.

"I'm (y/n)" I smiled feeling my cheeks heat up, a light blush dusting them as I closed my book over.

"I don't mean to be disturbing you from your reading, I just wanted to speak to you so bad" he chuckled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head as he looked away.

"It's alright. It's nice to finally speak to you" I said softly, taking a small sip from my coffee cup.

Jongup went quite for a while, a thoughtful look on his face as he glanced over at the lake. After a short silence he finally spoke again.

"Would you...would you like to get coffee with me tomorrow?" He asked, a light pink covering his cheeks.

I smiled like an idiot which seemed to make him smile lightly. I quickly pulled my phone from my pocket, adding a new contact and passing it to him.

"I would love to get coffee with you~ can I have your number? So we can speak about a time and place of course" I blushed a bright red, feeling embarrassed about my enthusiasm.

He chuckled lightly, taking my phone and tapping in a number before handing it back to me.

"Text me, yeah?" He smiled bright a he stood up, checking his watch as he did.

"I have to get going, but I would love to talk later tonight~" he beamed bright making my heart melt.

I stood up and gave him a small hug, which he happily returned. Waving my phone slightly when we pulled away.

"I will text you then" I giggled, waving him off a he began to walk away.

I held my phone close to my chest, a wide smile plastered across my face. I was so happy I could hardly wait five minutes before texting him, overjoyed to finally speak to the boy who walked past me everyday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm trying to keep myself awake so I'm just typing stuff which seems to be working.

Please leave a comment to make a request!

Other one shots I do:

Block b

Exo

Bts