Forever Dead ::7:: Vampire Kisses High

I looked up to meet the eyes of a stranger. But the thought didn’t register, My mind was full of screaming.

“Calm down. Who is dead?” He asked, his voice deep. He steadied me by gripping my shoulders and stared into my eyes. I almost lost myself in the deep blue color, noticing the gold flecks near the iris.

“8, I don’t know her real name.” I whispered. He nodded his head and pushed me aside, walking into the room. I saw him sniff the air and walk to the bedroom, pulling back the sheet just as I had a few moments earlier.

He came back, shutting the door softly behind him.

“She is dead.” He confirmed. I felt a sob rise in my throat. I hardly knew the girl, but she was my roommate. Not only that, I was also concerned. Was I not safe even in my own bed?

“Come with me.” He said taking my elbow. I pulled out of his grip and stepped away.

“You’re a vampire.” I spat. “One of you did this!” I yelled. He sighed and took a step forward.

“I don’t know who did this, but right now you need to come with me so they can come and find out how she died.” I took a step back.

“I don’t even know you.”

“I’m Xander.” He said quickly grabbing my hand and shaking it. “Good now that we’re introduced come with me.” He grabbed me, tightening his arm around my shoulders.

“Are you a servant here?” I asked as he swiped the card and opening the door, revealing the staircase.

“No.” he chuckled. I looked him up and down, noticing how his back was straight and he stood tall. He wore a white button up under a black blazer and black slacks. No he was no servant, which frightened me more.

He took my hand, which in turn gave me butterflies. He must have felt them because he looked back and smirked up at me.

“Don’t be nervous. I won’t hurt you.” He said. I shook my head.

“You could be just telling me that, and then when I least expect it you will attack me.” My voice was monotone.

“I won’t. My word means nothing to you, just like a Humans word doesn’t mean shit to a vampire. But that’s all I can give you right now.” I nodded my head and took my hand back once we arrived to the main floor.

“Come with me.” He led me to another room. I gasped when I entered, what looked like, a study.

“Nicholai…I need to speak with you.” Xander said. Nicholai stood in front of all the girls. I saw that the girls that were up for elimination were here as well. Wow…. awkward.

“Can’t it wait? I’m in the middle of something.” He growled, glaring at me.

“Oh sure. But if you don’t want a rotting corpse on your Potential floor then I would recommend you put this to a halt.” Xander said. My eyes widened at what he said. He must be very close to the Royal family considering he totally just dissed the Heir to the Throne.

Nicholai growled once more and stomped over to the door, grabbing Xander by the arm and walking out of the room. I hugged my arms close to myself, catching Macy’s eyes. She raised an eyebrow and silently questioned me. No one moved, or spoke, afraid that there would be punishment.

After a few moments Nicholai and Xander returned, the Prince smiling. I narrowed my eyes. Xander must have just told him 8 was dead, why was he smiling?

“Well, there has been a little twist in the game ladies. There will be no elimination tonight, as one of the Potentials is no longer with us.” Everyone looked around the room, except me, as I already knew whom he was talking about. 6 met my eyes and I nodded my head.