Forever Dead ::9:: Losing Grip

I felt my brothers arms wrap around me instantly. I felt safer than I had sine I came here, but at the same time I was anxious. Charlie was now Katreena’s Mate…that meant mom was alone.

“Why are you here?” He asked me. Before I could answer I was ripped away from him, wrapped in a different set of arms.

“Let go of my Potential, Human…” Nicholai snarled. I looked up at his face and saw his animalistic expression.

“Nicholai he’s my brother!” I said, fighting against his grip, which he didn’t let up.

“I don’t care, no one touches you without my permission.” I let out a frustrated sigh, accepting I wouldn’t get out of his arms, but raised my gaze to Charlie, who was fuming with anger.

“Let go of my sister you asshole!” Charlie stepped forward but Katreena grabbed him, pulling him back. They both looked at each other and I saw love in their expressions.

“Charlie please stop. I will not let you get hurt.” She said in a soft yet firm tone.

“You took her didn’t you?” Charlie asked angrily.  Nicholai smirked.

“Yes I did.” Charlie leapt then, trying to rip me away from Nicholai. Katreena saw this coming and wrapped her arms around him, holding him still. If this wasn’t such a serious situation I would have laughed. Brother and sister, being held away from each other by vampires.

“Charlie stop, it’s ok.” I said soothingly. I didn’t want him to get hurt either, and as much as I love Charlie, he couldn’t beat up a human let a lone a vampire.

“It’s not ok Audrina! This guy stole you! What do you think mom’s doing right now?”

I glared at him. “I could say the same thing to you Charlie. You left willingly, I was taken.” I said bitterly. Charlie’s eyes widened.

“You didn’t even know I was gone, which means you didn’t even go home to say goodbye…” I whispered, hurt. I had felt so happy to see my brother, but now, I was angry.

“Audrina I didn’t mean-“ he said.

“You didn’t mean to what? Hurt mom or me? You always think just about yourself Charlie, never anyone else.” I felt the tiny prickle of tears but held them back.

“Audrina I can’t explain to you the feeling, but when I saw Katreena I was just lost. All my senses shut down and the only thing I knew was her.” He said, staring adoringly into Katreena’s eyes. I almost gagged.

“One day you might know what that feels like, but I promise I will do anything I can to get you home.” With that Nicholai snarled.

“Do you know who I am human? I am the future king. Katreena may be my sister, but if you so much as touch Audrina, I will slaughter you.” Katreena growled then and suddenly Latissa stepped between us.

“Stop!” Her voice boomed, sending echoes across the foyer.

“Nicholai you will not threaten your sisters Mate. He is now family and once the transformation is complete, he will be one of us. You know the law.” She said angrily. She then turned to Katreena.

“Katreena control your Mate, and explain the laws of this land. If he wishes to be a part of this family, then he will follow them.” She turned her steely eyes onto Charlie.

“Humans.” She said next. I lifted my head as well as Charlie.

“I sympathize with you. You are family, and both were brought to my kingdom. One already a Mate, the other with the chance to become future queen.” She said, smiling at me.