Three

Roseanne had to blink a few times to clear her head.

For the second time in her life, she had fainted in front of the crowd.

She was used to being the center of attention. That was not an issue for Roseanne. She loved how the men would fall to their knees in front of her while the women envied her.

She loved attention.

But what happened that night was different. The level of intensity coming from all the eyes slowly burned through her.

All she could remember was falling to the floor.

She had been lucky, though, for if not for her savior- her knight in shinning armor, she would have fallen to the floor.

His blue eyes bored in to hers as he placed his hand under her chin, "Are you okay? What just happened, love?"

Roseanne shook her head, "I-I do not know. Usually I am a level headed person but the heat must have gotten to me."

"My lady, are you ill?" A older gentleman asked her.

The knight pushed him back and hoisted Roseanne into his arms, "She needs some air."

He proceeded to carry her outside to the courtyard, placing her on her feet but keeping his arm around her.

"Thank you but the fresh air is unnecessary." She argued, swiping a curl behind her ear as her eyes raised to his. His piercing eyes captivated her, lured her in to his embrace.

"Oh, but Princess, I could not have those monsters staring you down in your moment of distress." He argued.

She blinked a couple of times and squinted at his appearance. She hadn't remembered revealing herself as the official Princess. But then again, such masked balls called for drinking. "I'm sorry, what did you say your name was?"

The man's broad muscles tensed, "It is no matter. Let me fetch my physician."

And with that, he disappeared into the darkness.

Roseanne sat in the garden for a few moments, trying to process what had happened.

The handsome man had took notice in her, yes. They always did. But they were always more than eager to give her their names.

But this handsome, dark and daring man... he was a challenge.

And a challenge is what Rose wanted. She wanted this man and she wanted him now.

~~~

Alvaro stormed into the guest room, slamming the door behind him.

The drunken prince was right. The princessa was absolutely stunning.

She had those beautiful crystal blues eyes and dark colored curls paired with her ivory skin.

She was the perfect queen.

"I want her."

He could hear Isoba sigh, "Yes, my lord."

Alvaro snapped his head to the side so he was looking at Isoba, "Speak your mind. I have you not only for protection but for advise as well."

"She's a wild one." Isoba started, his dark eyes narrowing, "Her fire colored hair is bound to bring trouble not suitable for a queen. Her mother is also rumored to be a tough one."

Alvaro poured him scotch and sat in a chair, propping his feet on the desk, "I spoke with her father. The... Rey Inglés."

Isoba pulled himself up a chair to the table, crossing his arms, "He agrees?"

Alvaro nodded.

Isoba nodded back, "I told you she would be a problem."

Alvaro sat back farther in his chair, "The Queen is not a problem to worry about. Defeating her only involves three steps."

Isoba raised a dark eyebrow, "And how shall we do that?"

"One; I have to befriend the Queen. She is a foreigner herself so I should have an easy time with that. She understands thing I do. She see them like I do. Two; I have a sit down with her. Nice and elegant dinner, just me and her. We could potentially discuss... An agreement between two states. Three; slip just a bit of poison into her drink. She died later in her sleep. The end of Queen."

"It will look as if she died of natural causes, no?" Isoba asked.

Alvaro leaned forward in his chair, "The Queen will have suffered what is called a heart attack."

Isoba laughed, "It is nearly flawless, your majesty."

Alvaro poured Isoba another glass of scotch and pushed it across the table. He grinned, "All we need is her demise."

Alvaro raised his glass, " To the Queen."

Isoba copied him, "Long live Queen Annalisa of England."