Day 1

I woke up in a dark room, I tried to move but my arms and legs seemed to be strapped down against my own will.

Then there was light. The room I was in was medium sized with a large screen, with many smaller ones beside it already on. On those smaller screen showed a girl at least 18 years old, she had brown longish length hair, light brown eyes, dark gray skinny jeans, and a black tank top. I moved my head slightly, as did she. I moved my hand up, she mimicked. I then realized, that girl is me. I realized I don't know my name or anything for that matter.

My eyes quickly flash up as the the giant screen displayed a robot woman, but the screen itself had a glitch running through it, therefor I could make her features out completely.

"I see you're awake finally. Let me explain, I'm the overseer, and my name is Hayley, I will guide you on your journey through this time era. Your name is Lexi, you needn't know you second name as it is useless now. That girl you are staring at is you, and you don't know anything because I made sure of that." The voice of which belongs to the person known as Hayley, booms through the room with a posh accent but audibly angry... Why was she angry with me? "As of now people are dying evidently people become depressed and aggressive to one and other. They all used to live in harmony and happiness, that was until the 'things started to raise. The 'things' are as you would call it zombies but of greater skill. They disguise themselves as humans yet they will not hesitate to kill you and eat you. If someone is a 'thing', automatically presume them dead, or at least soon to be dead. It will always take about 2 weeks to become fully changed, hopefully you can chop of that body part in time for the infection to stop. If you can't, put an end to your soon to be painful and horrible turn/death. These beings as I announced only a moment ago, look exactly like a human, two way to tell if they are one or not, their attitude and their eyes. They don't have emotions, only hunger and let me tell you, they will go out of their way to eat you, they will speak but it will sound different... Deformed almost. The eyes are usually the first to become infected, they become slightly red at first, as time progresses so does the intensity of the color red in the eye. The color in their eyes they once possessed, will seem dull, it will seem as if they are unfocused or unfamiliar with their surroundings. That is all I can tell you for the moment Lexi, but know their are people waiting for your arrival, and we are waiting for you to end this suffering race." I could tell something was off putting about her voice, as if she was lying straight through her teeth.

"And whom's suffering am I ending?" I finally found my voice to ask.

"That's the million dollar question." She answered back. Dollar? What is a dollar?

Then I heard a click and shuffling of feet coming my way.

"You'll find yourself in due time." Hayley announced before turning off, and the men picking my body up only to have one man throwing me over his shoulder.

"Put me down! I can walk by myself for your information." I demand.

"Yes ma'am." The man puts me down, only to drag me by the arm.

Forceful much?

The hallway was just pure matt metal with containment doors along the sides every 10 foot.

"What are in those?" I ask as the curiosity kill the cat.

"That's none of your business, now shut up." The man in front of us shouted.

"Sorry, who pissed in your food?" I mumble, but he still heard me.

"That's it." He turned around, and knocked me out.

That's all I remember before completely blanking out.

"Lexi..." I saw nothing, but heard distant voices calling my name.

"Lexi..." The voice became a little more audible this time, yet I could still see nothing.

"LEXI!" My eyes shot open, and I immediately sat up, knocking heads with whoever was calling my name.

"Damn... You got a hard head." The boy said.

"Likewise." I replied laughing. "How do you know my name?"

"Well they delivered you to us, and well... they told us your name,  that's about it." He says rubbing the back of his neck.

"Where am I?" I ask looking around the poorly lit room.

"Herata." He says putting his hand on my shoulder. "Do you know anything about what is out there?"

"Are you talking about the 'things'?" I ask remember what the lady said.

"Good, you know." He removed his cold hand from my shoulder... Or his cold robot hand I should say. His whole arm was mechanical.

"It was either I die, or cut the thing off." He says, almost as if he read my thoughts.

"Who are you?" I ask realizing he knew me, but I had yet to know him.

"Ah, I didn't tell you my name did I? Well, my name is Ryster. You can call me Ry, I don't mind." He says with a smile.

"Okay, Ry." I repeat with a smile.

"Feel free to look around Herata. Although, I wouldn't wonder outside of our city, it can become dangerous." He warns me.

"Wouldn't dream of it." I stand up wobbling a little, but I finally found my balance.

"If you need me, I'll be over in the army side of the city, just tell them that you wish to speak to me. Also this is your room so come, and go as you please. I'm upstairs if you need me, my brother is downstairs. And also if you couldn't guess by now, this is my house, so please don't trash it." He says smiling, then leaves once I nod in agreement. "BYE!"

Now, I need to find out more about this place... I need to know about the 'things' better... What does this place even look like?

The room I was currently in had a nice large window,  a small single bed, a dresser, and a single mirror. It wasn't anything to be in awe about, not at all. In fact it was more of a place where you would look at, and feel sorrow or pity for the ones living there. Although, how would I know, I only remember seeing one room, and that was pretty impressive to say the least.

I wonder what awaits me...?