Day 12

Day 12

I slowly sat up in a bed I had never seen before.

"What the hell...?" I look around hoping that I would see Logan just sitting at the bottom of my bed saying this whole thing is just a dream, that he has and will always be there. But there was no one. My shoulders dropped when reality finally set in.

"Hey, are you okay?" Ace gingerly opens the door.

"Yep, just great." I say sarcastically.

"Geez, sorry for asking. I was just worried about you." He says turning to leave rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ace? I'm sorry... I should be mean... It's just I've had a week of hell. Thank you for caring about me, I appreciate it." I half smile at him.

"It's okay. So I thought about what you said, the whole finding my friends thing. Well I want to help you out a bit. See, I know Hayley. The problem is, she doesn't like me. At all. Actually she hates my guts." He says laughing. "Anyways, I know where she is at, wherever she is your friends are probably there too."

"Really? You want to help?"

"Yep, Hayley and I met many years ago. I was walking the street when I stumbled across a girl around my age. I thought something was wrong with her, she was looking for more people... At the time I didn't realize that she was looking for people so she ca-"

"So she can use them to create more 'things'" I say putting my head in my hands.

"Yep. Well at least you know your stuff. Well anyways, I started to talk to her everyday for maybe a week or so, but then she got strange. She asked if I wanted to destroy the world with her, if I liked the name Lexi..." He paused for a second. "I guess that was why I was more intrigued about you when I heard your name."

"So she knew my name before all of this happened?"

"Yep... Wait, please tell me that you didn't wake up randomly at her place..."

"Yes, I did. Why?"

"I'm sorry about this... But I have to be sure."

Suddenly ace stabbed my stomach with a knife.

"Ace?" I looked at him confused... But I felt no pain.

"It's true." He pulled the knife out, but there was no blood at all on it.

"What the hell?" I looked at my stomach to see the wound... But no blood was there either. Just a whole.

"She created you... You're not human, she can control you whenever she wants, you're hers..." Ace said standing up and pacing the room.

"How... I can still feel emotion and all.."

"Well yeah, Hayley isn't stupid you know. She's the smartest person probably in the world. Of course she's going to make sure that you believe that you're human." He says throwing his arms around in the air.

"Okay... So I'm a robot... Does that mean I can't turn?"

"You can't turn... Well think about it, the infection is transmitted through the blood stream, you have no blood in your body so you don't need to worry." He says sitting down.

"You sound like you know your stuff..."

"Well I almost have the same IQ as Hayley, she beat me by a few questions though." He laughs.

"When you talk about her, you sound happy almost."

"I was happy around her at a time, a time before she went bat shit crazy." He smiled at me.