Day 10

Day 10

Help me!

I can hear distant voices screaming out, who the voices belong to I don't know, but I need to help them.

Please! Lexi! Help me!

I obviously knew them, they knew my name.

LEXI! PLEASE HELP ME DOVE!

Why would someone yell out a nickname if they're in pain?....

Wait, dove?

LOGAN!

I yell out, nothing. Nothing comes out.

I'm going to help you! Where are you?!

Finally my voice was audible.

Baby? Lexi run! You can't be here! I was stupid to call out, they'll kill you if you come here!

He yells out.

No! I'm going to help you!

I opened the doors that his voice came from.

Logan...

I looked to see him hanging in the center of the room while tubes full of light blue, syrup like liquid.

What have they done to you...

He slightly lifted his head.

Baby, you can be here. Run, I love you so much but you can't be here. They need you to complete the experiment.

His voice was dry and croaky.

Logan? Are you one of those... Things?

I ask as tears spill from my eyes.

Turning, yes. She created them, she wants everyone to turn. She needs you to turn. There is nothing you can do for me now, I'm going to

He smiled painfully at me.

I love you Logan... I'm sorry.

I then took out a knife that I had in my boot.

Thank you. I love you Lexi.

He closed his eyes, and I ended his suffering.

---

I woke up drenched in sweat. I reached out for Logan, and grabbed his body, clutching on tight to him incase he left me. but I remembered... He wasn't there. So who was I clutching on to?

I quickly pushed away, and stood up. The room was poorly lit so I couldn't see who was there.

"Who's there?" I ask aloud grabbing the key from my pocket for the door..

"My name is ace, we heard crying for the room so we used our key to get in. I didn't want to wake you because you looked cute." Ace says while I could see him standing up straight... Oh my... The man who stood in front of me was at least 6'2, shorter then Logan who was 6'4.

"I was... Crying?" I asks feeling a little bit relaxed by his soft voice.

"Yep, sorry for giving you a fright, I just couldn't let you be alone crying." He then walks past me, and opens the door letting the light shine in.

I looked at him to finally see what he looks like, I was right about the height, he has brown hair, and brown eyes. Not my type of guy though.

"Stop drooling." Ace laughs.

"Honey, you wish." I say grabbing my stuff, and walking past him.

"So what brings you out here? The city?" He asks waving his hands in the air.

"Well, my safe place was destroyed so I was forced out here. What brings you out here? The 'city'?" I say stressing the word city.

"I live out here, ever since I was little. There are some groups that still live out here, and survive. Some survive better then those you lived in those safe places of yours." Ace says walking up to me.

"good to know, now if you'll excuse me." I say running out the doors, and heading north once again.

"Hey, wait!" Ace grabs my arm.

"What?!" I hiss at him.

"What are you doing? It's dangerous, even in the day." Ace says letting go of my arm.

"And why should I listen to your ugly ass?" I ask pissed that he was stopping me

"First, I'm not ugly." He says walking up to me. "Second, there are people like me, but meaner, sweetheart." Ace says tilting my head up with his index finger.

"Get. Away. From. Me." I hissed through my teeth.

"Come on, we'll get you cleaned up." He said winking as me.

"I can clean myself." I say walking behind him.

"I know." He says winking back at me... Logan use to do that...

The mere thought of him makes my stomach twist with agonizing sadness, and worry.

"What's wrong? You don't look so good..." Ace turns and looks down to me smoothing my hair.

"My friends... They were taken away. The only hope I have left is to go find Hayley. I'm so fucking worried about them... What if they're... Dead?" As I said that I began to feel lightheaded.

"Lexi?" Ace called out but I didn't hear it completely.

"LEXI!?" I could see him yelling, with worry clouding in his eyes. He picked me up bridle style and ran out the front doors.

But unfortunately that's all I can remember. I must have passed out.

~~~~~~~~

Really sorry about not updating for do freakin long! I have exams and I'm starting my new schedule for school soon, so everything is a bit hectic right now. I promise that I will try my best to update as frequently as I possibly can. <3