Chapter 8

I couldn't stop thinking about Aimee's note and phone call. What happened?? And why Newtown, Pennsylvania of all places?
I was deep in thought when Alec entered my room. "Edward told me about Aimee," he says with sympathy in his voice,"I'm sorry."
"I'm more confused than sad right now. I have no idea what's happening."
"None of us do. But most likely whoever changed her was the vampire lurking around the Quilete borders. She possibly escaped and is now on the run."
With this, I fell apart.
"What if she dies?" I cry,"she's the closest thing I've ever had to a sister!"
"Shh, it's okay," Alec comforts as he pulls me into his arms. "It's gonna be okay."
"Do you promise?" I look up and meet his bright orange eyes.
"I'll always protect you." With this he lowered his head and our lips met. It was amazing, as if electric sparks were occurring between us. Our lips moved in sync as we wrapped our arms around each other tighter. Finally, we broke apart.
"Sara, I care so much about you. This is the most I've ever cared about someone, not even my sister compares to you. I love you and I want to get to know you better. We're mates. Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend??"
"Of course!" I squealed and jumped into his arms once again,"I love you so much!!" I pecked him on the lips one final time and took a serious manner.
"Now what?" I asked.
""Now we find Aimee."

----------------------------------------------
Hey y'all!! So I know I promised two weeks ago and I'm a bitch for not keeping that promise but school started again for me etc. I hope this made up for the late update!! Finally an Alec/Sara moment!! Let me know what you think and see you next week!!