Chapter 11

We all sigh a breath of relief as Aimee's attacker is killed. I run up to her and engulf her in a bone-crushing hug strong enough to kill a human.

"I've missed you so much!" I exclaim, excited to be back with my friend.

"Me too!" she yelled. I finally got the chance to take in her new features. Her blonde hair was lighter and sitting in perfect ringlets, and her skin was glowing. Her frail body had filled out, leaving her skinny but healthy. Then I remembered. The baby.

"What happened to the baby?" I asked my friend, hoping that it was okay. Her face immediately fell and contoured into an expression of grief.

"I lost him," she cried, weeping dry tears, "He died when I was turned." I felt a huge wave of sadness rush through my body. As much as I cared about her, I cared about that baby too.

"I am so sorry Aimee," I whispered as i hugged her once again. No one should have to go through the pain of losing their own child.

"As much as I hate to ask, who was that man?" Edward interrupted.

Aimee finally composed herself and faced the rest of the family. "That was my ex boyfriend, Tyler," she began,"He was the one who hurt me. It all started a few months ago. I met him in math class, and he was really nice to me. We hung out a few times and started dating. Then, he wasn't in school for a while, and when he came back, he was different. He was a lot more attractive, and he was bigger. He also was meaner. He dropped out of school, and decided it was okay to control me. He would rape me and hurt me if i didn't give him what he wanted. When I found out I was pregnant, I didn't know what to do. Then, I met you guys. A few days after I met Sara, I searched through Tyler's things and figured out what he was. I faked my death and ran away. I was heading to my aunt's house near here, but he found me."

I was shocked. How had no one known about other vampires living near us? This was a serious issue that the Volturi would not be happy about. As I turned to look at Alex, he met my eyes with a slight smile, though I knew it wasn't real. He was upset that the Cullen's let this go on without noticing.

"How did he know where you were going?" Alice finally interjected. Aimee took a breath and answered.

"I think he followed my scent to the airport. Somehow, he got here before me, because he was waiting for me when I got off the plane. He grabbed me and shoved me in his car and drove me here. He chained me to the wall and drank my blood, but not enough to kill me. I woke up from transition a few days ago. He was stupid enough to feed me, and I was stronger than him. I managed to break the chains and try to escape and I was trying to kill him when you guys showed up."

It was a lot to take in. This poor girl had gone through so much. I felt so bad for her. I looked around at the family, and they all shared similar expressions of shock, sadness, and anger. After a while, we agreed to get a hotel room and fly home the next day. We had a long flight ahead of us.

-------------------------------------------------------
alright guys i finally updated yay!! 40 views and 7 votes for the next chapter!!