Chapter 12

“Hey Dad” I greeted as I walked into his office.

“Lexi...” Dad started greeting before he looked up from his papers and saw me.

“What the hell happened to you!? Are you alright?” Dad asked as he got out of his chair and came directly in front of me to see if I was hurt.

I had dried blood smudged on my face and arms and also specks of blood on the front of my shirt.

“I'm fine Dad, there was just this incident,” I told him. “Don't worry I took care of it”.

“Lexi where?” Dad asked with a groan. Over the months he had learned that whenever I said I had an incident, it usually meant he had to send some guys to do cleanup.

It was something that had happened twice already

“In my trunk” I replied sheepishly.

“What!? Did you bring it here? Are you crazy, what if you got caught along the way?” Dad asked furiously.

“I know, I know. I'm sorry, but I couldn't just leave him there” I replied guiltily “You know I'm not exactly trained in the cleaning up department. I'm still new to all of this”

“You're killing me Lexi” Dad shook his head as he took up his phone and dialed a number then brought it to his ears. “Jim there is a cleanup job for you and Hal... Yeah, it's Lexi's car... The trunk... Okay, good”.

“Jim and Hal are taking care of it,” Dad told me. “Lexi, you need to be more careful”.

“I know I'm sorry,” I told him honestly. “But at least I got this” I smiled as I pulled out the flash drive from my pocket and gave it to him.

“What's this?” Dad asked confused as he spun the flash drive in his palm.

“You know how I overheard you and Dominic discussing someone being a threat to the group and gathering and leaking information?” I asked sheepishly.

“Lexi, you know how I feel about you getting involved more with the Mafia's business. And you know how Dominic feels about it as well. Now that he is in charge, he will be super mad about you sticking your nose in places it doesn't belong” Dad replied seriously.

“Wow, gee Dad, you're welcome. I wasn't exactly looking for a good job Lexi, you did well anyway” I replied sarcastically.

“Lexi” Dad warned.

“It's just that I happened to figure out who that person was, got back information that could've ruined all of you, and could've possibly put myself in trouble. A little thank you would be nice” I huffed out.

“What?” Dad asked surprised. “What... When? How?”

“Doesn't matter” I replied. “I did it for you. And next time you guys should be careful about whom you let close to you”.

“Lexi, I appreciated what you did, but I don't want you getting hurt okay. I'm satisfied with you being just you, you don't owe me anything. You don't need to be daddy's little assassin” Dad said.

“Okay, Dad” I replied. “I'm going to get cleaned up. And by the way, don't expect to see your new 'friend' Hilton around anymore. He was the traitor”.