Chapter 28

Gio's POV

“How bad was the damage?” I asked as I saw Lucas outside the warehouse.

“Dante and Craig caught up with him, just as he started the fire. Craig got shot in the arm but still managed to stop him and the fire was put out before any serious damage was done.” Lucas informed me.

“Is he still breathing?” I asked seriously.

“Only because I thought you may want to deal with him yourself,” Lucas said. “He's inside.”

“Good, I think I need to teach him a lesson,” I replied cracking my knuckles before I entered the warehouse.

“I know that you would want to take care of this one,” Lucas replied.

Lucas knew me more than anyone else. As much as I would love to be mad at him for disturbing my date with Lexi I couldn't, it wasn't his fault. It was the bastard who had dared to cross me, and he was deserved to feel my wrath. I couldn't understand how one person could be this stupid.

The guy had some nerve trying to destroy my club then shooting a member of my family. After him getting away last time, I would have stayed away if it was me. I had to teach him not to mess with me. The first time he slipped up, he was let off easy because he managed to escape, the second time wasn't the same.

“Hello, Carlos,” I said dangerously to the man who was tied to the chair as I started rolling up the sleeves of my shirt up to my elbows.

Upon seeing me it was obvious that the bastard would have loved being anywhere else than where he was. I had wanted to teach him a lesson from seven months ago, but he had managed to keep himself hidden well. What had persuaded him to come out of the shadows and tried something as stupid as this once again? I would never know. But I was thankful he decided to stupidly come out, I had been wanting that day to come for a long time.

Carlos had come to me and begged for a job. When I told him that he needed to submit his résumé and application, he told me that he wasn't talking about a job in the corporate world. He wanted in the group. I was skeptical about how he had learned about that but later found out that one of my guys had let it slipped. Since the guy seemed so genuine at the time, I allowed him to be initiated. However, I noticed Carlos started stealing from me and stuff, so I decided to left him with a little warning. He somehow hadn't appreciated my warning and acted out. When I went after him to teach him a lesson, he managed to slip away. I never thought that he would ever be as stupid as he was to cross me. He got what was coming to him.

************************

“That bastard spoiled my night,” I said as I washed my hands.

“I'm sure he won't be doing that again,” Lucas responded.

“He definitely won't,” I replied.

“Where were you anyway?” Lucas asked, “I actually tried getting to you before.”

“I was with Lexi.” I glared at him for being presumptuous.

“You seem to be with her a lot.” Lucas scoffed.

“I don't think that's any of your concern, whom I'm with and when. Besides, you shouldn't even be asking me that question.”

“Look, I'm only trying to look out for you.” Lucas folded his arms under his chest.

“Look out for me?”

“Yes, that's a part of my job, isn't it? And I don't know what it is about this girl that caused you not to be as focused as before, but you need to shake it off. And before you try to deny it, don't. You never would have allowed a female to stick around you so close for more than one night...unless she hasn't put out as yet.”

“Lexi is different. She isn't like those types of girls that I've hooked up with before.”

“So that's that intrigues you. The fact that she hadn't jumped into your bed already. You say she's different, huh? What's so different about her Gio?”

“She's just not like other girls, that's what I know for sure. And don't you dare talk about her like that, you don't know her.”

“And neither do you. You just met this girl a few weeks now. Who knows if she was sent here to get close to you somehow and to bring you down?” Lucas asked, “Maybe that's what is so different about her. If she's a distraction then she'll know how to play her part well enough.”

If it were anyone else questioning my decisions at the time, things would have already turned sour.
But Lucas wasn't just my right hand or consigliere, he was actually my best friend.

“Luke, I think you're being paranoid. I don't think she was a plant. You don't need to be suspicious of everyone or every female that gets too close to us.” I chuckled.

“Well maybe she isn't, but you still don't know. And if she's indeed innocent, you to get too close with her may put her in danger or make you more vulnerable if our enemies found out that she means something to you.”

“You're probably right, but I can assure you that as long as I'm still interested in her, nothing's going to happen to her on my watch,” I told him.

“You know what this means for me now don't you?” Lucas asked.

“Why don't you enlightened me then.” I said sarcastically.

“I now have to be watching your back twenty-four sevens and now hers too in case of any danger,” Lucas responded.

“Gio, for everyone's sake I hope you know what you're doing.”