Chapter 21

I had been most restless and impatient ever since Marc had called and informed me of Dominic's situation. I had eventually gone back out to where the party was being held. I wanted to leave and go check up on Dominic-even though Marc tried to assure me that he was alright- but I couldn't just leave because that would've been considered rude. The party couldn't end soon enough for me.

Marc had assured me that Dominic would be fine and that he would have kept me updated, so I decided that I would hang around a little while longer until the party had finished.

"Lexi!" I heard someone called.

I turned around to saw that it was Mrs. Pratt.

"Hello Mrs. Pratt, is everything okay?" I smiled at her.

"Everything is great, dear. I just want to thank you for organizing everything and letting us have our anniversary party here." She took my hands in hers, "It's amazing."

"It's a pleasure Mrs. Pratt, and you having your party here will definitely help to promote my restaurant's publicity and business for it. So thank you." I smiled at her.

"Well, in that case, you're welcome dear." Mrs. Pratt laughed as she patted my hand which caused me to laugh along with her.

"I hope you continue to enjoy your evening, Mrs. Pratt." I smiled at her.

"Oh yes dear, I will." She laughs.

Being all smiley and chatty were the last things I wanted to be at that moment, but I had no choice but to be friendly and hospitable towards my clients or guests. I stayed at the party a bit longer as I took in the scene, occasionally walking around as I tried to relax. It was so hard to remain calm and relaxed when I knew of what had taken place.

I watched Mr. and Mrs. Pratt as they talked, laughed, and danced, and I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. It was just so amazing seeing a couple so much in love. There were times when I thought about what happened the last time I almost fell for someone and I thought screw relationships, but moments like that with the Pratt's made me wished that one day, I would find a love like that. Watching Mr. and Mrs. Pratt was a great distraction, I hadn't even noticed just how much time had passed until everything started to wrapped up.

"Again Lexi, we want to thank you so much for arranging everything and accommodating us on such short notice." Mr. Pratt thanked me as we were at the restaurant's exit.

"Yeah, we appreciate it. And everything turned out wonderful, Mrs. Pratt said, "It was a pleasure doing business with you."

"Actually, it was a pleasure doing business with you guys." I chuckled as they laughed.

"So we're going to head home now. I mean, after all the dancing and partying tonight, I'm so exhausted." Mrs. Pratt announced.

"Yeah, we should get home," Her husband agreed. "After all, we have guests that came to celebrate with us tonight, and they're probably tired as well."

"In that case, you guys should totally head out now," I said to them, "I want to wish you a happy anniversary once again and all the best."

I went back inside and saw

"Aww, thank you. Hopefully, when you get married you'll be celebrating just like us." Mrs. Pratt said to me.

"Yeah, I hope so too."

"Anyway, we'll be heading off now." Mr. Pratt and Mrs. Pratt announced, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, drive safe," I told them as they left.

I went back inside and spotted Derek. Derek was one of my most efficient workers. He was in his forties and was a good friend who often acted as my restaurant's second manager whenever I was unavailable.