Chapter 17

I could not stop thinking about Gio/Mr. Cavelli after our meeting in his club. I mean who would? That lovely head of dark hair, those full pink lips, beautiful eyes and not to mention that sexy figure of his. The way his arm muscles were so defined and strong looking when he had gripped that glass, the sound of this voice when he laughed and don't get me started about his Italian accent. All in all the guy was a definite ten, well maybe he was an eleven out of a ten. He was an absolutely attractive man.

After Marc and I left the club, I remembered being mad at him before I headed to my car and drove off. He had repeated a line of something that I had said to Gio and another that Gio had said to me.

“ Seriously Lexi? 'Uhm... I don't know if it's my place to say... But if you grip that glass any tighter I'm pretty sure it's going to give way right there in your hand...” Marc tried to mimic my voice then chuckled.

“What... How did you...?” I had started to say when Marc picked something from my shoulder at the back of my dress then held it up for me to see.

“A listening device!? Marc!” I yelled at him which only caused him to shrug.

“Well considering what happened the last time we were here, Nick and I thought it would be necessary to monitor you so that I can prevent any more revengeful deaths from occurring publicly.” he deadpanned.

“What? You guys don't trust me that's it, isn't it?” I scowled and stamped off.

I wasn't sure why I was mad though, I understood what he meant, considering what had happened before. I couldn't help feeling like my privacy had been invaded. I mean he could have told me of his and Dominic's plan to pinned that listening device on me instead of just pinning it on me without my knowledge. I just felt like they hadn't trusted me and I hated not being trusted because I would never try to endanger or expose anyone from the Mafia family.

Even though Marc and I went to the club on Friday night, I had decided to visit back there again on Monday evening after I had left work-- without Marc or Dominic's knowledge. Apart of me kept telling myself that my reason for going back there was to hopefully found out more if Gio was actually involved with the Mafia but another part of me knew that reason was a complete lie.

That evening after work when I visited INFERNO, I didn't go to the bar as I had done the other nights before. Instead, I had decided to take a look around. I had noticed a doorway with a stairway that obviously led upstairs. I hadn't taken notice of that before, but I figured that there must've been a VIP area or something up there. The inquisitive part of me caused me to made my way towards it.

When I had reached the top of the stairs, I noticed that there was a lounge up there and another hallway. I started to drift towards the hallway curiously when a voice stopped me.

“Looking for something?” I heard a deep voice asked, which caused me to froze momentarily then turned slowly and faced the person who had spoken. Great another Italian.

I noticed a tall guy, good-looking, about in his mid or late twenties dressed in a black jacket suit and white dress shirt without a tie. He had a serious expression on his face as his arms crossed over his chest. He, too, was hot though.

“I'm not sure,” I answered innocently.

If I had to try to get information there, I thought that maybe I could retrieve some from this guy.

“What are you doing up here?” He eyed me curiously as if he knew I was lying.

“I was just taking a look around.” I shrugged.

“Well sorry, up this side is off-limits to patrons,” he said.

“Oh,” I said with a hint of defeat in my voice. How the hell was I supposed to find out anything if I couldn't look around up there which seemed to be holding some secret.

He must've sensed my disappointment because as I tried to get away quickly, a grip on my upper arm stopped me.

“Wait right there,” he said still in his deep serious voice. “What exactly were you looking around for?”

“Nothing,” I replied quickly.

“Were you snooping around? How far did you go?” He questioned.

Well, he wasn't acting weird at all. Note sarcasm.

The guy was definitely acting suspiciously like he had something to hide.

“No, I was just looking around. This place seems amazing, and I just wanted to check out the other areas, I had no idea up here was out of bounds.” I said to him innocently as I tried to pull my arm from his grip which only caused it to tightened as he looked at me skeptically.

“Why were you being nosey?” He asked as he still gripped my arm.

“I just told you... Why are you being so defensive?” I asked as I tried to pull away from my arm once more. “ Now would you please stop manhandling me and let go? You're cutting off my circulation!”.

“Lucas, what's going on here?” I heard that voice- that I longed to hear since Friday night- asked as he came up behind the guy who still gripped my arm.

“I caught her snooping” Lucas replied as he turned us around to faced Gio.

“Uh... Lexi right?” Gio recognized me.

He seemed to be good with remembering names because I had only told him my name once when we met that night, and he remembered me and my name. I would have thought that he probably met hundreds of females that weekend that he wouldn't have remembered me specifically.

“Hi” I greeted him with a smile.

“You know her?” Lucas asked surprised.

“Yeah,” Gio replied looked at me.

“Well here, you deal with her. “ Lucas pushed me forward to Gio before he stormed off.

“Wow, well he was hospitable,” I replied sarcastically as I rubbed my arm where Lucas had gripped.

“Follow me,” Gio said seriously before he walked off back in the direction of the hallway.