Chapter 24

During the week which followed Dominic's shooting, I had made sure that I visited him again to see if he was okay. They were right when they said that the shot wasn't serious, it was actually just a grazed. He was lucky. Dominic was more determined to find out who was targeting us and I had promised him that I would not stop until I gathered some information. I hadn't gotten the chance to go back to Inferno after everything that had happened, things had just been chaotic. In addition to the week's drama, I had been really busy at work and then was I too tired to even think about going there after work.

It was the weekend- Saturday night- and I decided that I needed to start trying to figure out whether Gio was in the Mafia or not. Though, I really wished that Gio had no connection whatsoever to the mafia. So I decided to go back to the club that night.

“Hey.” I smiled at the bartender whose name I had learnt was Simon.

Strangely enough, not going to INFERNO in over two weeks I had missed it.

“Hey you,” Simon smiled back. “Haven't seen you around here in a while.”

“Yeah, I know, I've been super busy with work and stuff.” I told him.

“I totally understand. Jobs can be a bit demanding at times.”

“Totally demanding.” I chuckled.

“And I see that you're coming on with the American accent well,” Simon said to me.

That was when I remembered that when I went to the club the first time. I had used my British accent as a disguise. But after years of deliberately trying to shake my accent, I had gotten accustomed to talking like an American, hence I forgot. It was a good thing that Simon hadn't seemed suspicious or anything about it.

“Oh yeah,” I chuckled. “I've been trying to shake my British accent, trying to fit in you know what I mean?”

“Yeah, I do. But you don't need to try and change you to fit in, your accent is nice.”

“Thank you.” I smiled at him.

“So madam, can I get you anything?” Simon smiled.

“I'll just have a soda,” I told him.

“Wow. A soft drink,, huh? Nothing stronger tonight?” Simon raised a brow.

“No, I'm driving,” I responded.

“Okay.” Simon nodded then proceeded to get my drink.

I looked around to see if I could spot any sign of Gio or even Lucas,, but I hadn't caught a glimpse of either men.

“Here you go.” Simon said as he placed my drink in front of me.

“Thanks,” I smiled at him as I took out some cash from my purse and handed it to him. “Keep the change.”

“Thanks.” Simon smiled.

“So,” I started. “Is the big boss here?”

“Why? Interested?” Simon smirked.

“Maybe.” I chuckled.

“I think he came in earlier.” Simon replied.

“You wouldn't happen to have any way to contact him, would you? I'd like to see him, but I'm not going to risk going upstairs on my own again.” I told him.

I needed to see Gio, but if I headed back up those stairs that they had already told me were off-limits to patrons, I probably would've gotten caught again and looked suspicious. In addition, Lucas already seemed like he hadn't trusted me from the first time we had met when he found me upstairs. I wasn't going to push my luck.

“I'll see what I can do for you,” Simon replied, “What's your name again?”

“Lexi,” I replied then took a sip from my drink with my straw.

Simon nodded before he moved away from me a bit. He then retrieved a phone and spoke lowly into the phone before he hung up. He turned to me with a slight nod and a wink before going to the other side of the bar to serve another customer. About five minutes after, I saw Lucas entered the bar area. His eyes caught mine, and he made his way over to where I was.

“You again,” he said folding his arms across his chest.

“Yep, me again.” I smiled smugly at him.

“What do you want this time?”

“I wanted to see Gio,” I told him.

“He's busy, Lexi,” he replied.

“Oh, so you know my name,, huh?” I smiled at him.

I had figured out that I somehow easily got under his skin.

“Did he say that?” I challenged.

“Come on, just get up.” Lucas grabbed my forearm and pulled me up.

“Hey!” I protested, “Quit manhandling me, will you? Where are we going?”

“I thought you said you wanted to see Gio.” Lucas said as he pulled me along with him to the area that led upstairs.

He led me down the hallway he had seen me the night I had gone up there. Then he practically dragged me with him to the room where Gio had told me to follow him to, the last time I had been there.

“Here she is. I'm done with this for the night.” Lucas huffed as he pulled me in with him then turned around and left, closing the door behind him.

There I saw Gio lounging on the sofa in the room as he sipped whatever drink from his glass. He smirked as his eyes caught mine.

Gio smirked then muttered something in Italian.

“ Non ne hai avuto abbastanza di me?”

I had no idea what he said.

NB. I don't speak Italian so if you do and the translation is off I apologize. However, the phrase is supposed to mean (Haven't had enough of me?)