Chapter 38

I had considered leaving immediately after my discovery about Gio but I knew that I had to be smart. If I had just got up and left without telling Gio why, he would definitely knew that something was up and he would probably figured out that I saw the gun and the file. He probably would've tracked me down and tried to get me to stay quiet. He would eventually found out that I was related to the Luciano's.

But then again what if he had already figured out that my real name now was Luciano and no longer Miller. Even worst the adopted daughter of Alphonso Luciano whom he believed was still the boss? I had to play dumb and act normal not to give away anything.

I had decided to pretend that I was ignorant to all that was going on. However, I knew that I needed to tell Dominic what I had found out. I decided to wait until I saw him face to face to tell him instead of doing so over the phone. I wasn't sure how it was going to play out anymore. I mean, I had started really liking Gio, but finding out that he was involved in a Mafia group who was possibly the enemy, I wasn't certain of how things were going to end. One could say that I was practically apart of the Luciano Mafia group- since I was family and knew so much about it.
I didn't know how things would've turned out once Gio figured out the truth about me but I made the decision that maybe I should just enjoyed the moment I have left with Gio while it lasted.

I went back and laid back down on the bed as I  turned the TV on once more. Even though the Tv was on, I kept thinking about everything that I had found out and what I was going to happened, until I got tired and fell asleep. I was awakened by the feeling of something brushing across my face. I opened my eyes and squinted a bit as I realised that it was Gio who was brushing my hair away from my face.

"Hi," he smiled down at me.

"Hey," I smiled back at him before I remembered what I had discovered earlier.

"What's wrong?" Gio asked as he looked at me concerned. He had probably noticed the instant change in my behaviour as the  smile was wiped off my face.

"Nothing," I answered quickly. "Sorry, its just that I didn't even realised I had fallen asleep."

"Oh," Gio smiled at me again. "Its my fault, I'm sorry for making you wait that long. My meeting with Guliani took longer than I thought it would."

"No, it's okay. I was trying to keep myself entertained while I was here. I was watching TV." I said to him.

"More like the TV was watching you," Gio laughed. "When I came in here, you were fast asleep and the TV was on."

"Sorry about that." I chuckled.

"Its fine, I was the one who had you waiting all evening. You were probably bored out of your mind." Gio replied.

"I'm used to being  bored." I smiled at him before my stomach decided to intervened by grumbling.

"And starving apparently." Gio chuckled.

"Okay that was embarrassing " I said as I sat up now on the bed. "I don't know why my stomach decided to demonstrate a whale's call."

"How do you feel about Italian food?" Gio asked me.

"Italian sounds good," I replied. "Are we ordering in?"

"Order in? Of course not. I'll get to it." Gio said as he got up and headed out.

I followed him to the kitchen as he started taking out ingredients from his cabinet and fridge.

"I didn't know you cook." I said to him.

"Well what can I say? I'm a man of many talents." Gio smiled. "You'll learn them along the way."

"No doubt about that." I said to him. If only he knew that there was a double meaning to what I had said.

"Sit down, and watch the master prepare us a meal." Gio joked as he got all he needed to make whatever it is that he had planned to make.

"This should be interesting." I smiled as I went and sat down at the counter as I watched him did his thing.

It was nice to see him joking around and that relaxed and seemingly innocent.