Apologies and Exchanges

"Dinner's almost ready are you to coming back? You missed lunch." Nico jumped, he hadn't heard Masky coming. Toby didn't seem surprised so maybe he had. Nico remembered Toby saying he was hungry earlier and he hadn't had a chance to eat since then thanks to Nico walking out.

"Sure Masky." Nico said getting up first and reaching down to help Toby up too. Toby took Nico's hand and didn't let go of it when he was up. Nico felt a little colour rise to his cheeks as Masky noticed but he just smiled. Of course he wouldn't think anything of it since he was with Hoody.

"Oh by the way we need to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I'm assuming you'll want to come Toby? What about you Nico?" Masky added as they walked back to the house. Nico adjusted his hand in Toby's so their fingers were laced together, waiting for him to answer first.

"Hell ya I wanna go." Toby said happily. Masky rolled his eyes at Toby then looked at Nico.

"Nico? I have to warn you sometimes Toby insists on being an embarrassment by riding in the cart." Nico chuckled as Toby glared at Masky.

"I guess I might as well go along." Nico said with a shrug.

He guessed that with so many people in one house to feed, grocery runs would be a big thing. Plus they could do with as many people to carry bags as could be spared, especially since most of them didn't look human enough to go into a town. Nico thought he could be helpful. Of course it was possible that the mist would cover the others different appearances. But they weren't Greek monsters as far as he could tell so he wasn't sure the mist. A Greek thing. Extended to them.

Nico resolved to ask about it later as they reached the house. They found dinner already on the table with Sally, Senderman, Hoody, E.J. and of course Smiling Dog already there. Masky went to sit next to Hoody and Nico was happy to slide in next to Sally with Toby on his other side.

Toby immediately started helping himself to food. Tacos by the looks of it. Nico had the feeling that when he had been younger they had waited for everyone to come to the table before they started eating. Obviously that wasn't how it worked here.

E.J. seemed to have a small bowl of meat of his own. It was slightly lighter in colour than what everyone else was eating. It looked more like pork. Nico was doing his best not to think about that as he waited for Toby to finish serving himself, and pass the food so Nico could take some. Toby had his plate piled with almost more food than it could hold.

Toby we have been over this many times, put only as much food on your plate as it will fit and if you are still hungry when you finish take seconds. At this rate you are going to make a mess. Slenderman scolded from his place at the head of the table steepling his fingers.

Toby stuck his tongue out the hole in the side of his mouth at Slenderman, making Nico chuckle softly. Toby then passed the serving bowl on to Nico.

Nico served himself less than Toby even though he would probably want seconds as well, he didn't like to over fill his plate. Especially since they were making their own tacos out of premade ingredients. So some room for maneuvering was needed.

Toby was already starting to run into some trouble. Nico could see Masky and Hoody laughing discretely as they watched Toby's antics. Until E.J. engaged Masky in conversation. BEN, L.J. and Jeff showed up together. Nico relaxed a little, finally allowing him to start arranging his own taco and eating comfortably.

"You cheated!" Jeff was loudly accusing BEN as they took the remaining places at the table.

"I did not." BEN said doing his best to sound indignant. Nico could pick up a small crackling under BEN's words like they were coming through a speaker. Interesting.