Dog!

Nico sat outside on the stoop of an old abandoned building, Hoody was inside messing with the film they had taken the night before, some of which was off Nico with his new mask on. Toby didn't feature in any of it, Nico had held the camera for a bit following hoody, he didn't know why any of this had been done. Hoody had decided it would be best if Nico didn't see the film before Jay and Masky did so Nico wouldn't have to fake surprise. Toby had gone off to get them breakfast but Nico was tired so he stayed, sitting with his legs drawn up on the concrete stoop of the old building.

He had pushed his mask back so it was resting on the top of his head so he could get a breath of free fresh air. He leaned his head back against the side of the door and closed his eyes making sure to listen closely to the sound around him, if anyone came around he would have to retreat back in before they saw him.

Nico's eyes snapped open when he heard someone approaching but he relaxed again when he heard Toby singing one of the songs from the fall out boy album they had listened to the other day. He relaxed again and sighed. Toby fell silent as he got closer until he was standing right in front of Nico who didn't open his eyes.

"Are you asleep?" Toby asked softly.

"No." Nico sighed heavily opening his eyes to look up at Toby who was once again wearing his goggles and mouth guard covering most of his face. He was holding a bag from the nearby grocery store, he had been sent because Jay wouldn't recognize him, he wasn't on the tapes because it was supposed to stay that way, he would leave the area before Hoody and Nico went back near the hotel and Nico would need to pretend to forget.

"Then let's go back inside, I think it's time we all ate something." At that moments Toby's phone went off in his pocket and he pulled it out. "Yep I was right that's my alarm." He said dropping the bag and pulling of one of his gloves with his teeth so that he could shut of the alarm on his touch screen phone.

"You have an alarm for breakfast?" Nico asked standing up and picking up the bag Toby had dropped taking it inside.

"Yep, 'the same disorder that stops me feeling pain extends to most negative external stimuli including hunger pains' as one of my doctors put it, so I have to set an alarm to make sure I eat when there aren't any scheduled meals like at home." Nico made a 'huh' noise and led the way inside with the bags, Toby followed him.

Hoody had taken off his mask so that he could fuss with the video equipment he had brought more affectively. Hoody had a computer, Nico had spent the entire night on alert for monsters as they were often attracted to computers and phones, so far none had shown up but there was still time so Nico didn't drop his guard. Toby took the bags back and started to go through the stuff he had gotten, unwrapping something and handed it to Hoody who was to busy to pay attention.

Nico wasn't paying attention, something had got his attention, he wasn't even sure what it was yet, maybe a sound, maybe a smell maybe just instinct but he knew better then to ignore it now. Toby shut up the moment he saw Nico reaching for the sword at his side, immediately going into combat mode as well. Nico padded silently over to the window, the shale on the floor barely shifting under his light footfalls there was a sound now, to quite to be human, not right to be wind.

"Is it Jay or Alex?" Toby whispered to Nico, Nico shook his head slightly and slid out of the window. Landing lightly as a cat on the balls of his feet bending his knees to absorb the impact and scanning slowly. Suddenly there was a crashing in the woods to his left and before he knew it he was being bowled over by something large. He and Toby yelped at the same time, Toby tried to attack the thing but his hatchet went right through it, crap it was a monster, Nico twisted quickly to defend himself when.

"Mrs. O'Leary!?" Nico laughed when he felt a large wet tongue licking his face and wrapped his arms as far as they would go around her neck hugging her soft warm fur. "Oh my gods girl how did you find me!?" her tail was wagging franticly making banging sounds against the side of the building and she barked deafeningly.