12

It's Tony's spot so I decide to use Helen, her real name, rather than Hermione. I hope it's not confusing you.

Enjoy~

Tony Stark collects his file and exits Helen's ward room without taking a last glance on his daughter, although deep inside him he wants to. Seeing the bandages around her head and hands and legs, he remembers when young Helen Stark gets ill. He would be there the entire night in her room just to take care of her even though she says she's fine and his old deceased wife took care of her perfectly. But the past can't be brought to the present.

He walks in the deserted hallway thinking how to work on his relationship with the total changed Helen. She's fearless like she used to. She's sassy like she used to. But she's another person, not like she used to. The person she's being now is not Helen. It's Hermione. That's the reason why she changed her name -- or asked to change her name -- so that she would forget the past and continue her life as she is.

But deep inside, Hermione is still Helen. And Helen is Tony's daughter. No matter how hard it's going to be he has to make efforts to show her that he wants her back as his daughter. But what about his mistakes? What are his mistakes? Guess that part, it's Helen's job to unravel.

Tony's heels clip clopping on the ground of the headquarter. The hallways that seems like a train tunnel with no end causing him to become anxious out of the blue for not finding the exit way. With sweaty organs, he looks to his right and left, trying to figure out which of the two sections to go after. The familiar walls and grounds makes Tony forgot which hallway he cornered when he came an hour ago.

The Stark Industries owner doesn't have other choice but to make a decision quickly before a panic attack strikes him and that's the last thing he wants to deal with. He takes the right hallway and, to his luck, just after a few steps he walks he hears two people talking. The raspy voice and the slightly different accent come to his senses and he knows who they are.

"Stark," Natasha greets him, cutting the intense conversation she's having with Fury.

Fury turns, as Tony quickly hides the file behind him. "Nat, Fury." A sigh of relief escapes his lips, seeing that he's not lost in the building.

"What are you doing here?" Natasha asks, giving Stark a confused look.

"Yeah, I thought you're in your lab," Fury adds.

Tony smiles, stepping closer to Natasha and Fury. "I needed a little break so I took a detour around this building," he answers both of his colleague's wonders. "Got lost back there but good thing I took the right turn."

"This was your father's building," Fury states.

"Yes, but... he never... brought me here." Tony sounded embarrassed with the fact.

"Oh. Well... you've got what I asked for?" Fury changes the subject.

Tony freezes on the question that he knows he will be asked when he's to face Director Fury. He'd discussed with Helen about it but when he's asked, he seems unsure with what to reply. For thinking about the answer, Tony zones out, staring into spaces while Natasha and Fury look at him in bewilderment.

"Tony?" Fury calls. "Tony, are you all right?" he asks.

"Huh? Sorry." Tony shakes his head.

"For fuck's sake, I think you should get some rest, Tony," the director suggests while looking at Tony up and down.

"I never rest," Tony replies spontaneously.

"Is this about the girl? You have something about her?" Natasha asks, crossing her arms on her chest. She looks at Tony as if demanding Tony the right answer.