24

They follow Nick Fury into a new room.

The room is big, covered with glass. It looks empty but the lavish decoration makes it look fine to be empty. There have a set of black working desk and leather chair, a set of black leather sofas and a coffee table in the middle and two tall black secured bookshelves. The room becomes confidental seconds later when Fury takes his spot behind the working desk, his hands clasp behind his back.

This must be his room, both Hermione and Lukas thought. So elegant, but Aaron's old room was friendlier and she liked it there better.

"I'm going to go straight forward about it because I figure that you're curious to know why I am calling you here," Fury begins.

"By this time, I doubt there's anything that surprises me," Lukas says, intending to offend Hermione.

And he knows he hits it correctly when he feels Hermione's annoyed look on him.

"Really, Mr. Lukas?" Fury smirks, remembering someone who said something like it before. "You don't want it betray you later on."

"Well, world is full with betrayments," Lukas says coolly with a shrug. "We're just a fool who didn't see it coming. Isn't that right, Hermione?" He nudges the girl beside her and his lips curve into his evil smirk.

Although it's not her first time seeing that evil smirk on Lukas's face but Hermione thought it looks creepier this time.

Fury glances at Hermione who looks like she doesn't want Lukas to speak. He immediately knows what happened.

"So, what are we doing here? Are you making us a deal?" Lukas randomly.

"Smart," Fury states.

Lukas and Hermione looks at the man in front of them quizzically.

"Sorry?" Hermione tilts her head.

"Your friend here, Hermione, is smart." Fury points at Lukas while looking at Hermione with his fine eye. "So with you, I am offering him to be S.H.I.E.L.D agent."

Hermione's jaw drop to the ground, as she stares at Fury with wide eyes. The snap she feels, it is as if she's been knock with a baseball bat on her head that brings her back to Earth. It's never her dream to be S.H.I.E.L.D agent. There's someone working with S.H.I.E.L.D that she dreaded to meet. And she once dreamed kill that person instead of being offered as S.H.I.E.L.D agent. Even so, she's still surprise.

"You can't be serious."

Fury huffs. "Well, of course, I am," he says. "I've read through your papers, both of you. And I found out that you're capable of everything. Exactly what we want as an agent. That's the reason why you're called as the best assassin of your age, Hermione, and you, young man, becomes as same level as Aaron Rooster, the son of Arnold Rooster, only after a few missions."

Lukas and Hermione have to clench their jaws and hold their breaths upon hearing the names.

"The boys, either their new or old, they don't have a choice. I'm taking them in."

"No!" Lukas quickly protests.

For a second, Fury was startled. "Well, I'm sorry, Lukas because, unfortunately, I've ordered my agents to bring them to our academy. My trusted agents and some of the Avengers members will train them to be a good fighter like the both of you."

"No, no, no. You're playing with us, right? You're planning to take us down because you're afraid of us."

Fury calmly laughs. "Did you not see it? I have enough superheroes under me. Why would I be afraid of you?"