23

When they reach there, Hermione requests to enter Lukas's cell. Steve hesitates, gives Hermione a side glance with a suspicion look. Sure, Hermione said they don't have any place to go, but she could be lying. She's an assassin. She's trained to lie more or less. Even though Hermione sounded nice while they talked, but he can't believe her a hundred percent.

Without waiting for Steve's answer, Hermione orders the guard to open the door for her. The guard glances at Steve as if asking, "Can we trust her?" After Steve gave him a nod of approval, the guard unlocks the door and Hermione enters with no word of thanks.

The cold, icy environment greets Hermione again, shaking her slightly. It reminds her her own experience being locked down in the alike dungoen somewhere in her many missions. She shoves her hands inside her jeans while walking towards a blond boy who is sitting in the middle of the room, a table sets in front of him.

Hermione didn't smile when Lukas looks up to her. "Hey," she greets him in a low, gentle voice. She drags an extra chair opposite Lukas and lowers her bum on it.

Lukas returns Hermione's look with a blank stare. "Hm."

After a few seconds, Hermione speaks up again. "You're okay?" she asks in concern.

"You want me to lie or you want me to tell the truth?" Lukas looks at Hermione with an eyebrow raised.

"Lie to me." Hermione shrugs.

"Well," Lukas sighs, leaning back against his seat and crossing his arms on his chest. "I've never been better, haven't I?" he says. "Never been so relaxed before."

Hermione softly chuckles. "Should've known you'll answer that," she states lowly.

Lukas smiles hearing Hermione's laugh. Although he's supposed to be distressed with his current sotuation but hearing Hermione's soft laughter makes him forget where he actually is.

But then, his sparkling eyes change to a sad one when he asks Hermione a question. "What about you? You must be mourning over Aaron's death, aren't you?"

The girl smiles bitterly. "Don't we?" She tilts her head. Her usual mischievous eyes is replaced with a hurt ones, where the last time Lukas saw was when Arnold died. "He's... pretty much the only person we need."

"Yeah." Lukas nods in agreement. His eyes gaze away from Hermione's, looking down at the table.

While enjoying the silence, suddenly Lukas's laugh echoes in the stony empty room. It sounded strange in Hermione's ears, somehow. She never heard that kind of laugh caiming from Lukas's throat before.

Hermione looks at him with a curious look.

"I swear to God, I'm going to kill the person who killed Aaron," he says with such determination. His eyes burn with hatred.

Hermione stiffens in her seat and gasps in shock. Her instantly heart, she feels as if it stops, falls out of her rib cage and explodes like a volcano uppn listening to Lukas's words. Even if she didn't look at Lukas's eyes, she knows her friend was not playing around.

She stoops her head down, looking everywhere on the plain table as if searching for answer.

"Too bad I wasn't there when it happened," Lukas mutters. He then looks up at the girl in front of him. "You know who killed him?"

Hermione stares at Lukas for a second. "No," she says, but realising how low and gruff, her voice sounded that made her look as if she hesitated, Hermione clears her throat. "No," she repeats louder and clearer and this time more confident to cover her mistake. "You think he's someone we know?"