21

The door slides open just after a few minutes Hermione wakes up. Shocked, she jerks her head towards the door with her heart pumps fast in her rib cage. She sighs when she only catches a figure of Tony heading closer towards her with a tray of her breakfast. Is he really trying hard this time?

"You're awake!" Tony cheers noticing her daughter shifting into a sitting poisition on her bed. "I bring you your breakfast," he says as he gets closer to Hermione and carefully puts down the tray on Hermione's lap like yesterday. "Here. Eat up!"

Hermione scans the happy meal in the tray: toasted bread, bacon, scrambled eggs and an apple. Just the same as yesterday's -- exactly the same except a particular liquid in a hot water bottle. The girl frowns at the sight.

"What's this?" she asks lowly as her hand reaches the bottle.

"Tea," Tony answers shortly while Hermione sniffs the smell inside the bottle. "I thought you would get bored if I bring you another milk."

Hermione leave the bottle lidless, letting the tea to cool down a little bit. Tea is, in fact, one of her favourite drink lately. Precisely when the new year that she turns eighteen comes. "Thank you," she mumbles.

Tony smiles from ear to ear.

There's nothing much happening while Hermione is savouring the taste of her breakfast meal. She, indeed, feels so hungry as soon as she opened her eyes from her sleep. Thankfully, Tony didn't sleep-over in her room last night; hence, the good sleep she received.

As Hermione continues crunching up her toasted bread, Tony watches his daughter eating without caring the world. Still Helen. He remembers when she was young, whatever Harriette cooks Hermione would finish them all especially when it comes to grilled fish. There was one situation where Hermione fell asleep after ten minutes after dinner for eating too much while they were watching a movie. Tony can't help but to smile at himself with the memory.

As the sun peaks through the narrow space in between the curtains, the lights in the room automatically switch off. Spontaneously, Tony and Hermione jerk their head up to the ceiling with the sudden barely-darkness of the room, but as soon as Tony realises what's going on, he stands up and skids to the window and pushes the curtains, opening the windows. The morning cool breeze blows into the room from outside, giving a slight chill to the father and daughter.

"Phew, it's cold isn't it? The wind outside?" Tony comments on the weather as he walks back to Hermione. "But you always loved cold." Tony suddenly laughs. "Remember when you were eight or nine when it was December where the snow rains heavily? Yet you still want to go out to play with the snow despite the coldness." To Hermione's dismay, Tony reminisces back the time.

"You remember? No?" The old man sighs. "Or, do you remember when you were having a flu? You were only six back then. You had a quite flu for weeks yet you still wanted to go out and wanted me bring you to a waterfall. And that waterfall was naturally cold." Tony laughs again at himself. "I wonder if they still have it now."

"They do," Hermione, to Tony surprise, replies but with a flat tone. The whole time Tony was telling about the old memories she doesn't want to remember because of her mother. She watches Tony who looks at her with a quizzical look. "Only that it's no longer free."

It takes Tony a few seconds to accept that Hermione is actually talking to him. Quickly, Tony replaces her shocking expression into excitement. "Oh, really?" Tony replies in over-excited expression. "They must be rich by now. I mean, that place is really cool to hang out with family and friends and colleagues although the water is freaking cold."

"Hmm," Hermione only hums.

The girl takes the last sip of her tea. A nice tea that she wished she could have any time she wants because it's a good. Closing the hot water bottle, she put it back on the tray and pushes a little farther from her laps indicating that she's done eating. Understood, Tony grabs the tray and put it on the attached table to Hermione's hospital bed.