CHAPTER 58- "You're welcome."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is Love?

Love is a curse... and a blessing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 58- "You're welcome."

HELL's MEMORY BOX

"Hell, cheers!" Heaven shouted, raising a can of Dr. Pepper soda in front of me.

I just stared at her, poker-faced, then I continued drinking my Dr. Pepper.

"Hell! Itaas mo rin 'yang inumin mo!" she demanded. "Magtoast tayo bilis!"

"Like I would do something so lame and childish," I told her. "What are we celebrating for anyway?"

I really don't get her. After not meeting up with me for almost a month after her graduation, she just called me out of nowhere, saying we should meet because we need to celebrate. Celebrate what? Up until now she's not telling me anything. The woman just dragged me to the mall, bought two boxes of pizza and a box of in-can Dr. Peppers, then took me to this cheap park (the exact place where we are right now) without explaining anything at all to me. She really just does what she pleases.

I was about to drink a gulp of Dr. Pepper when Heaven suddenly handed me something. A red envelope, with a letter inside it.

"This is what we're celebrating for, kj na Chua," she said.

"What's this?" I asked, pulling the letter out of the envelope.

"Basahin mo," she said.

I was expecting to read something I'd be happy about but... after reading the letter... the first thing that came out from my mouth was...

"This is from Hoshi Academy?"

She nodded, PROUDLY.

"Tinry kong mag-audition... tapos nakapasa ako! Nakapasa ako Hell!" she said excitedly. "Sa pasukan, magiging studyante na ako ng Hoshi Academy! Kaya Hell..." She raised her can of Dr. Pepper in front of me again. "Cheers!"

Imbis na makipagtoast sa kanya, tinabig ko 'yung Dr. Pepper na hawak n'ya. I stood up, then stepped on the damn can, crushing it.

"Hoshi Academy?!" I said, my jaw clenching. "The school that requires all of its students to cut all ties with the outside world... The school that only allows its students to go outside just once every fvcking month... You just told me you're going there... and you're expecting me to jump in joy with you and celebrate?"

I laughed sarcastically.

"Celebrate alone," I told her. "You cruel bitch."

I was about to walk away, so pissed, but Heaven held my hand.

"Let go, cruel woman," I said.

"No."

"Let go."

"No."

"Let go!" I shouted, SO FVCKING MAD.

"No." She held my hand tighter instead of letting go. Her eyes were so full of resolve, there's no way she would ever back out. Fvck.

Padabog akong umupo sa tabi n'ya.

A deafening silence ensued.

Sa gitna ng katahimikan, hindi ko napigilang sulyapan ang kamay kong hawak-hawak n'ya. Hawak-hawak nang sobrang higpit.

Heaven's actually holding my hand so tight, tighter than how I have always held hers...

Heaven suddenly kissed me on the cheek.