The Christmas Party.

dedicated to SierraLynnClose for helping me & offering me a suggestion for this chapter! I really appreciate. You should definitely go take a look at one of her stories! They're amazing & I believe she has an Avengers fan fic that I've yet to read but will do so soon! (:

The Christmas Party.

            The ceiling inside the hotel was very high, made out of glass, allowing you to see the dark night sky above. In the middle of it all, hung one of the most beautiful golden chandeliers. Greens and gold decorated the room, mocking me as I walked further into the room. Wherever I went, there is always something that reminds me of him. He did help plan this party after all, I remembered. A slim blonde woman strode her way up to me with a big smile. Pepper. “Logan did a good job at planning this. Where is he? I would’ve thought you two would’ve come here together…”

         “Who?” I asked, confused. Was I missing something? I thought as I reached back into my memories. I shook my head, lightly chuckling. “Oh, Logan. Um, it didn’t end too well.”

       “That’s too bad,” she said, and then grabbed two champagne glasses from a waiter who walked right by us. She handed me one. “Well, life goes on!”

       I smirked at her, tipping my glass with hers before taking a sip. Pepper excused herself, disappearing into the crowd. I glanced around to see that there was nothing but people who worked for S.H.I.E.L.D and Stark here. Although, a few of the them were compelled, sticking out like sore thumbs to me but blending in like normal with the others. I couldn’t succeed if I didn’t have a human army, even though they are completely useless compared to the Chituari.

       Bruce, Tony, and Clint leaned against the bar, conversing amongst themselves all wearing tuxedos. Tony held a small squared glass cup in his hand, lazily turning to Bruce to mutter something that made Bruce snort. Clint’s eyes scanned the room, in search of his other half I assume. I moved, ready to get out of their vision before they would notice me but it was too late.

        Bruce caught a glimpse of me and motioned me to come to him. Picking up my skirt, I walked towards them with a fake smile plastered onto my face. A smile made its way to Bruce’s face. “You look just like your mom,” he mumbled absent mindedly.

        “Thank you,” I breathed, taken off guard by the compliment. “So what’s the word? Any news on the you-know-what…?”

          Clint shook his head. “Everybody here is clean.”

       I nodded, fighting against the urge to grin. That would only spark suspicion if I did. I grabbed another champagne glass, sipping on it. “Where’s your other half?” I asked, curiously.

       “My what?” Clint replied, blinking.

       Tony snorted. “She means Natasha, duh!”

     “Oh. Um, she’s somewhere in the crowd.” Clint said, avoiding our gazes. I couldn’t help but smile at his reply. He didn’t deny it, and that’s a start. Mentally slapping myself, I reminded myself of the real reason I came here: to make sure everything goes as planned.