Seventeen | Sweet Child O' Mine

Seventeen
__________________________

Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Bee-

"Shut that bloody contraption off, Lauren!"

I groggily turned over in my bed to see Charlie burying his face into the pillow next to me, while my alarm clock went off.

Still a little disoriented, I hit my hand on my bedside table a few times before I found the alarm clock, finally ending the shrill beeps.

Charlie was mumbling incoherently, while I sighed, sitting up and throwing the blankets off of me.

"Why'd that stupid thing have to wake me up?" Charlie groaned.

I slid out of my bed, "Some of us have school today, Charlie."

He didn't say anything, his eyes closing as he drifted back to sleep.

Lucky bastard.

I took a quick shower, my strong, Lemon body wash waking me up all the way. After dressing in black skinny jeans, a grey tank top, and a thin black cardigan, I slipped into my black flats.

Since I had a little extra time this morning, I blow dried my hair before brushing it out. I applied a little makeup, before grabbing my school bag and heading downstairs.

I was leaning against the kitchen counter, munching on a red apple, when Tyler came in.

His hair was messy and disheveled, yet looked perfect on him. He had a black leather jacket over a plain white t-shirt, and dark blue jeans.

I realized I was staring.

He arched an eyebrow, "You coming small fry? Or would you like to stare some more?"

I rolled my eyes as I felt blood rushing to my cheeks, "Lets just go."

We walked out front to Tyler's car, but before he could go to the drivers side, I placed my hand on his arm, causing him to freeze.

"Can I drive today, please?"

"No."

I almost laughed at his firm expression, but instead put on the puppy dog face, which always worked for me because my eyes were already huge.

"Tyler, pleeeaasee?"

"Fine but if you hurt my car, you're dead."

I scoffed, "Whatever. Keys?"

He dropped the keys into my outstretched palm, and I immediately dashed around him to the door.

I smiled in excitement when I slid into the drivers side. Tyler had an uneasy expression on his face, which only helped encouraged me.

Before I could even start the car, I had to scoot the seat all the way forward, which caused me to blush from embarrassment.

He laughed as he saw me do this, but said nothing.

It was easy after that; driving his car was amazing. I just wish the drive to school took longer, because all to soon I was killing the engine and stepping out into the school parking lot.

Tyler nodded, "Not bad."

His approval caused me to grin in happiness, which seriously worried me.

...

The rest of the day and the next passed quickly, which made me sad because now it was Saturday afternoon and I was hugging Charlie goodbye.

We were at the airport, standing in front of the gate of his flight.