Twenty One | Our Lips Are Sealed

Twenty One
__________________________

"Can I draw on her face, please?" I heard a masculine voice ask.

"Be quiet! I think she's hungover!" Someone hissed.

"Come on! It's the perfect opportunity to fuc—I mean mess with her!"

"Hush!"

I groaned, still halfway asleep. Whoever it was needed to shut up unless they wanted to be brutally murdered.

"Honey, are you awake?" I realized that it was my mom asking, and I bolted up so fast I got vertigo, causing me to fall back into my pillow.

My eyes fluttered open to see my mother peering at me anxiously, her blonde locks falling into her face.

"Mom?," I garbled, "I thought you weren't getting home till Sunday."

"Sweetie, it's Sunday morning, 9:39 to be exact." My Mom was frowning at me, and I noticed my brother standing right next to her.

"What?!" I yelled and instantly regretted it because it made my head pound worse than it already was.

How in hell did I manage to sleep all of Saturday, and how did I even get home?

"Honey, are you hungover?" she asked hesitantly, and I couldn't tell whether she was about to comfort me or scold me.

I bit my lip and avoided her scrutinizing gaze, confirming her suspicions.

"Well, at least you got home okay. But this won't happen again, or else you will be punished, understand?"

I nodded and sighed, sitting up.

"She's not in trouble at all for being drunk?!" Trent asked in disbelief. "You and Dad were pissed when it was me!"

"And to think I missed you," I muttered.

"Give it a rest, Trent, and don't forget that you just got back from a very expensive trip to Hawaii," My mom chastised.

"Yeah and it's not like I got to go, so just shut up, Trent," I couldn't help but add, even if it was juvenile.

"Lauren! Stay out of it, I'm the parent!" My Mom exclaimed. "Anyway, I'm going downstairs now, so get dressed and come down for food when you're ready." She stood up and backtracked through my doorframe. Trent gave me a weird look before following her out.

Suddenly, a thought struck me. "Mom, wait! Where's Tyler?"

A sly smile appeared on her face as she popped back in the doorway. "He went to pick up some groceries with your father, why?"

"No reason... oh shut up!" I said to her smirking face. She faked an innocent look before laughing lightly and leaving the room.

I smiled; she had her issues, but I had really missed my mom. I threw my comforter aside and stood up, groaning when that caused my head to throb with pain.

Last night—or Friday night, I guess—was a big blur. I had never been fond of drinking, but Tyler and never have I ever really pushed me over the edge. I could remember everything up to when I quit the game crystal clear, but after that, it was blurry. I could faintly remember finding Logan again, but I don't know what I said to him. I grimaced in embarrassment at what could've happened; I was known to be an emotional drunk, and word vomit was my forté.

I ran my fingers through my hair while I ruminated, kneading through the tangles.

I walked across the hall and into the bathroom, craving a shower. After turning on the shower and taking off my clothes from the party, I stepped into the hot spray. For a few minutes, I stood under the water, letting it hit my back as I thought. The thing that was really bothering me was how I got home. Did Carly bring me? I'd have to text her later and ask. After washing my hair and thoroughly ridding myself of any trace of the party, I turned off the shower and got out.