Twenty-Three: The Return

(!) Trigger warning: there's some violence a bit to the end.

The Return
Elijah.

It has been about a week and a bit now and honestly, I am sick and tired of hiding. I just want to go home, I need to go home.

I've been so homesick I've let Elisha link me so she can give me updates of what's been happening back at home. She's the only person I haven't completely shut out. According to her, our parents are a little out of it. They feel that my disappearance is all their fault – which is one hundred percent true.

Alexander on the other hand, well, I don't how he is. One moment he's really sad and seems to actually want me back. The next, he couldn't even care. It was insanely confusing. I had been visiting him here and there when I missed him, I always left feeling upset so I stopped going.

I've been living among the human's and the only soul that had kept me here for this long was the friend I made, Ryan. I enjoyed his company so much, he was a much-needed companion. I had Isaiah but I was still wary of him and he was from back home so he wasn't really helpful at keeping my mind off of it.

Ryan is so carefree and welcoming you can't help but tumble out all your problems. I hadn't told him anything incriminating like I was a werewolf. I just told him I ran because my family and Alex's families were rivals and my wanting to marry him was a no go. I didn't mention the possible death, just that they might shun me.

Ryan has been my somewhat tour guide too and it was great, he took Isaiah and I around to his favourite places and shown us the human life. It was quite different from ours and I was immensely thankful for my Pack life.

I liked the adventures more for Isaiah's sake though, he missed out on a lot living out there in No Man's Land. Being exiled as young as he was he barely had much joy and enjoyable experiences. So going around Mossel Bay and surrounding areas ice skating, paintballing, surfing and cliff diving were all things I was glad we could experience.

I drew the line when they went sky diving though, I'm no daredevil – I value and cherish my life way too much to be adrenaline chasing. Dangling my life above death's hands was not my vision of a good time.

Either way, I was immensely grateful for Ryan and these memories he has given me in this short amount of time.

"So you're heading back?" Ryan asked, laying on my bed.

"Yeah. I mean, they're my family. My sister has been keeping me updated and I don't like what I'm hearing. Sure I am here because of my parents but I don't necessarily want them blaming themselves. It was okay when I was only blaming them in my head."

"Such compassion is rare." He mused.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes, "Let's go get some waffles."

At the mention of food, he instantly jumped up, "I thought you'd never suggest it and I was getting worried." I laughed.

I shut the hotel door and made my way outside with Ryan. It was a normal hot day in Mossel Bay. Isaiah and I decided to stay here once I got tired of keeping tabs on Alexander. The sun was blistering hot but the wind would cool you down making the sun's heat bearable. I put my shades on as we walked a few blocks downtown.

We arrived at Spur and sat outside so we could get the breeze, I also enjoyed the view better from here. We ordered our waffles and chatted a bit more.

"I'm going to miss this." He spoke with his mouth full of waffles.

Such a gentleman don't you think?

"Me too. I promise I'll visit you." I beamed.

"I'll hold that against you." He pointed his fork at me.