Twenty-Five: The Episode

The Episode

I made my way out of my room, walking towards the stairs and I could feel the bile rising up my throat. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. How could I be so stupid as to trust anyone with this information?

I truly believed Ryan was human, I believed he wouldn't have a clue who I was speaking about. I even changed Alex's last name and many other words like mates, packs, etc. I made it into a believable human story but like I said in the room if Ryan really was a werewolf he could've easily decrypted my entire story.

Now here I was being followed by Alexander, about to tell my parents that he is my mate and that I need to move in with him to be safe. Will they deny it, will they believe me, and will they tell Jay?

I spun around, "I can't do this. Give me more time. Not today, please Alexander."

"Elijah," He pulled me up the few steps we had descended and pushed me into a random room, "More time? Do you want to die? The..." He sighed, "You don't have time. With Ryan dead, they will come after you. Please, we have to do this now."

"I understand Alexander, I do but I just got back. I just... I can't do it right this instant, you cannot drop all of this on me and expect me to be ready to move. Please, not just yet. Give me a few days."

He stared at me for what seemed like forever, "Fine. But you tell that Alpha Jay to tighten the security around these forests. If he doesn't, you can bet I'll assign you bodyguards."

He walked out, I'm assuming heading for my room so he can exit the same way he had entered since he as clearly perfected that.

I let out an agonising sigh, looking around the room he pulled us into I realise it's Elisha's old room. I sit on the bed and put my head in my hands, why does this all have to be so complicated? Couldn't I get Nic as a mate or something? Granted, it would be a little weird at first but it would be much easier than this.

At this point, anything would be easier, honestly. It would be easier and less deadly. I mean, how much trouble must one person go through to disguise themselves as a human? Why would you even do that? What could Alexander have possibly done to this wolf for them to hate him so much that they would send someone to befriend me?

How stupid could I be to speak to anyone without second-guessing their intentions? Human or not. I mean, some human's know of our existence. A very small amount know because if they are to find out it is usually by accident, they're mated to a wolf or they know someone in The Offering. Either way, it's not something commonly known or spoken of in their world.

The Offering makes sure that werewolves are not something to be feared by the human community, although nowadays they are relatively quiet. Their hate train taking a backseat I suppose, anyway, my point is I would not have assumed any of this. The chances of bumping into a deadly undercover enemy was never a thought to me.

I don't know how long I was seated like that, thinking about the great big mess I had just created when my phone started ringing. Begrudgingly, I slid my finger across the screen and answered.

"Yes?" I hadn't looked at the Caller ID.

"Elijah, can you come over?"

"Nate?" I looked at my phone screen and his name flashed across the screen, "Where?"

"Alex's. We need you."

Need me? My heart started to pound, he was so worried about me being in danger we didn't think that perhaps he could be in danger.

"Nate, what's wrong? What happened?" I ran to my room to get my car keys.

Elisha had mentioned that she found drove it back to the house once I had left.