Thirty-Three: The Hex

The Hex

Jay grabs a fist full of his hair and sat down. He was trying to calm himself down, I guess. I watched as he focused on calming his breathing. He must be fighting the urge to shift. It's really easy for Alpha's to shift when enraged. Only the strongest can do what Jay was doing, so all I did was watch.

Not to mention, I didn't want to enrage him any further.

The veins in his neck were bulging and pumping extremely quickly. His hands were scrunching then un-scrunching his hair, his eyes were closed and his mouth slightly parted.

I was watching him as if I could possibly learn how to do this too.

"Alexander Russo?" He repeats I couldn't figure out his tone.

I was losing it, I was waiting for him to march to my house and chop Alexander's head clean off. I was hyperventilating and then I snapped.

"You promised you wouldn't use it on me! You promised! Now... Now you're gonna hate me forever and I didn't want to! I didn't want you to –" I was crying. I was terrified.

I had just gotten used to the fact that my parents weren't upset, I couldn't have him upset. There was nothing I could do, I needed to be with my mate and I was tired of running, it legitimately got me nowhere before. I wasn't going to do it anymore.

So as afraid as I was, I couldn't keep this a secret from him anymore. I needed him to know so I could be free and no longer afraid of what he might do if he found out.

It's better coming from me anyway, even if he had forced it out of me.

His eyes automatically soften when he sees my tears, closing the gap between us he begins,

"Eli. I don't hate you. I could never hate you," He brushed a tear away, "Especially since you have no power over who the Moon Goddess pairs you with." He held me in his arms.

"He attacked us, I know you're upset. I know you hate him."

"I hate him very much but I could never hate you."

I held back a sob.

I knew it must be killing Jay inside to know that the man who killed off some of his Warriors was my mate. The man who destroyed part of his Pack and injured some of the wolves was my mate. Out of all the people in the world, he must be thinking.

Heck, at a stage I thought so too. I cursed the Moon Goddess for pairing me with such a despicable wolf, such a dark and heartless soul.

Now, I couldn't even utter out one bad thing against him. Even though I was out of it for a year and a half I still feel like we've been through far too much for me to still dislike or take him for granted.

Obviously, we've been paired together for some sort of reason. I don't know it yet, but I'm more than willing to find out.

"I do need a word with him though." Jay piped up.

I laughed nervously, "That will not be necessary."

"Of course it is. You're my Eli."

We walked the distance back to my house in comfortable silence. Jay rarely had free time, I doubt he had any right now.

He was probably just doing this because I just woke up from a coma. Maybe he's only pretending not to be mad. Maybe he's planning a way to execute me right now.

"Are you going to kill me? Exile me? Stone me? Burn me by the stake -"

"Elijah!" He hissed oh Goddess here it came, "I'm not my father. I love him but I don't agree with all of his methods. As I said, I can't punish you over something you hadn't decided. That would be cruel, I'm not cruel. Whatever you and your parents agree on I'll be fine with. Or learn to be okay with." He chuckles.