Forty-Two: The Battle

The Battle

Mariska and I were in a car going in the opposite direction to the one Alexander was in. I won't lie, I was scared. More so for him than for me. Devon's right, Alexander is hated here and everywhere else, how are we to know they won't turn against him?

I don't quite know when my feelings towards him got so deep. I can't even blame it solely on my wolf, I mean, sure I still feel stuff on her behalf but she's hidden. She can't make me do stuff. It's all me.

I marked him.

I rubbed my hand over my eyes, I can't believe I did that. There's no turning back anymore. I'm committed now. I kept my eyes closed and thought of Alexander, if he was okay.

My head jerked when I realised I wasn't in the car with Mariska but in another. In fact, this wasn't even a car. It was some metal room, I could see everyone I left behind and the Ignashevich brothers. I, holy, I was seeing through Alexander's eyes. I got his twin power!

I let out a little yip of joy and Mariska stared at me as if I had grown a second head.

I couldn't believe this was actually happening. I closed my eyes and focused on Alexander again. This time my vision was shakey. He must have been shouting. I remember Nathaniel said Abel could see and hear. So, I tried focusing harder.

Damon ran a hand through his hair as he tried to calm down his brother. He was whispering hard in his ear. His face showed true distaste.

"More men are coming! Do you think we're not serious about freeing our country. Oh, yeah that's right. You don't give a shit about our country only that mate of yours!" Devon yelled at Alexander.

"Damn right I only care about her! I couldn't give two shits if it weren't for Mariska tying Elijah's wolf to your damn situation!" Alexander fumed.

Just as was happening with the Ignashevich brothers, Abel went over to Alexander and tried to calm his brother down. Nathaniel and Axel were whispering among themselves as were the rest of the men who flew earlier with Elijah. (There's an explanation in the a/n)

I wondered, can't I speak to him? I mean, if I got his twin power. Didn't he get mine, or at least let me link him since I'm the one who marked him. I had to try, he's going to ruin everything before it even begins.

'Alexander?'

I couldn't link and see through his eyes just yet, I just discovered this. So, I'm not able to see or feel his reaction. Heck, I don't even know if this worked.

'I thought it was Xander now.' He linked back.

I jumped up in surprise. I thought he wouldn't be able to link back. Guess I was wrong.

'Stop fighting the Ignashevich brothers, please. They're our only hope.' I scolded.

'How do you know I'm fighting them?' I bet he raised a brow.

Rolling the eyes he cannot see I continue, 'I got your twin power, duh. How do you think you're linking me right now?'

'Well. I figured it was apart of the whole marking package. In case you've forgotten, I haven't had the privilege of marking my mate.' I let out a snicker. I could literally see his face in my mind, with all his Alexander Russo swagger.

'Oh, I'm deeply sorry. That must be a tragedy.' I giggled.

'You don't even know the half of it.' He replied.

Getting back to the point I say, 'Stop fighting them. And stop being cocky. And be careful, Xander. Unlike Axel, I want you alive, not dead.'