Chapter Seven: The Cake Scene

Friday had finally arrived and Isabella couldn't remove the smile off her face for yet another morning. Only this time, it would be because she couldn't help but feel excited about surprising Sherlock. As much as he was cold and annoying to others, he was kind to her. By kind, he restrained from insulting the always messy baker after receiving a few snacks. Who was Isabella kidding, as much as she was thrilled about the consulting detective's party, Mycroft Holmes kept creeping into her thoughts.

She had planned to close a bit early that day but Rachel and Blake had insisted they wanted to stay behind and work. Only certain people could handle the detective and they weren't very happy that Sherlock had revealed their 'not so secret' relationship

Throughout the day she baked different sweets to bring to the party in a few hours, eager to have everything be done perfectly knowing how much it meant for John.

When she was finished she received a text from Molly;

From Molly Cakes;

He got here three minutes ago. We're doing good, he's gonna check something about toes. It'll take about an hour minimum. Good luck!

From Flour Power;

Thanks Molls! I'll call you when we're just about done. Btw I made coffee cakes for you!

From Molly Cakes;

Yumm, can't wait!

Bella had everything wrapped up and ready to go. All she had to do now was to wait for John to be done at the flat.

From The Baker;

John, he's with Molly, are we set at Baker St? We've got about an hour.

From Doctor ShortCakes;

Great, almost finished helping Mrs.Hudson. Pick up at 3:30-ish.

From The Baker;

Sounds good, all ready here.

Finally, Bella had time to rest for a good forty minutes so she headed upstairs to get herself ready. She took off her messy clothes and took a quick shower to rid of the flour. Though of course somewhere and somehow there'll still be some on her. When she came back she slid on a white collar shirt with a dark purple jumper over it. Maybe if the army doctor could get the detective with his jumpers maybe she could make it work for her. Then she put on dark laced stockings with a black skirt. She was happy to be able to leave her hair down, loving how it flowed down her face instead of being a tangly mess on top of her head. Putting on some makeup, worrying so much more about her appearance than she was used to. Checking the time, she then hurriedly made her way downstairs, expecting John waiting for her but he was nowhere to be found.

"They are already in the car Ms.Thornfield. John called, seems he had forgotten a few things and seeing as how I always have a car available, well here I am." Mycroft stood there in his expensive suit and a small smile.

One that Isabella loved so much. Wait loved? This was strange to Bella and she repeatedly scorned herself for thinking such things. But she couldn't help it, every time she saw him, she found more things to enjoy about him.

"Shall we madam?" He offered her his arm and when she snapped out of her shock, she took it with a smile.

"I must say, you look incredibly beautiful Isabella." He said as he opened the door for her.

"Dropping the formality are we, Mr. Holmes?" She asked as they walked outside. Not being able to process the compliment just yet.

He simply smiled at her and opened the car door for her. "Thank you, Mycroft." she said softly as she stepped into the black car.