Chapter 21

Emily P.O.V

"Emily get up!" A voice whispers/yells. I yawn and sit up.

"What?" I ask tiredly.

"Lucy's missing." Peter replies quietly. My eyes widen and I jump up. I slept in my armor and still had my sword and everything latched onto me. We make our way through the forest quietly.

"Aslan?" Lucy asks but I grab her and put a hand over her mouth. Peter puts a finger over his lips and sneaks towards the minotaur walking around. Wait. That minotaur is part of my army. I open my mouth to stop Peter but he unsheaths his sword and that's when a certain Prince jumps out of nowhere and starts battling Peter. Peter disarms Caspian and goes to swing at his head. Caspian ducks and Peter's sword gets stuck in a tree. Caspian kicks Peter to the ground and starts trying to get Peter's sword out of the tree. Peter grabs a large rock and stands up. He moves to hit Caspian with it but Lucy and I jump up.

"No! Stop!" I screech. Suddenly a large portion of my army hurries into view.

"Your Majesty! You've returned!" Glenstorm exclaims. I clutch my hand over my heart in an attempt to calm myself down.

"Yes. And I've stopped these two idiots before one of them killed the other." I reply. Caspian manages to pull Peter's sword out of the tree.

"I'm guessing you're Prince Caspian." Peter says glaring at my best friend.

"Yes, and who are you?" Caspian asks curiously. I sigh when Peter goes to tell him off.

"Peter." I warn. Caspian's eyes widen in realization as he glances from Peter's sword to the blonde boy himself.

"High King Peter." Caspian says in shock.

"I believe you called?" Peter asks. Susan, Edmund, and Trumpkin arrive.

"Yes. But I just pictured you older." Caspian says.

"Well if you'd like we could come back in a few years." Peter says.

"No! No that's alright. You're just not what I expected." Caspian says, glancing at me with a soft look. I blush and smile at him.

"Well neither are you." Edmund says, glancing at the minotaur Peter was going to attack.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes." Trufflehunter says. I smile at him.

"Our hearts and blades are at your family's service, Your Majesty." Reepicheep says, bowing to Peter.

"At least we know some of you can handle a sword." Peter says, glancing at Caspian. I growl and walk over to Caspian and place a hand on his shoulder as a hurt look spreads across his face.

"Indeed. And we've made good use of it gathering weapons for your..." Reepicheep begins. Peter's eyes light up, thinking it's his army.

"Sister's army." Reep finishes. Peter's delight shatters.

"Well, we'll need every weapon we can get." Peter says, turning to me and Caspian.

"Well I guess you'll be needing your sword back then." Caspian says, holding Peter's sword out. Peter takes it and quickly sheaths it before glaring at Caspian and walking away.

"Sorry about him. He always was the grouchy sibling." I sigh. Caspian smiles at me.

"It's fine. How was your search for troops?" Caspian asks.

"I managed to find 15 on day one. Then on the second day I found my siblings and Trumpkin." I reply. He nods and grabs his sword from the ground. He sheaths it. We all start heading towards the Howe.

"It wasn't very lively around the army without you." Caspian admits. I blush.

"I wasn't having much fun either. I'm so used to meeting up with you everyday and having fun that even going a day or two without you feels weird." I reply. Caspian smiles. The world starts to spin as if I'm on one of those spinning things we had at the playground by our house in Finchley.

"Em, I was thinking..." Caspian begins.

"Hey Emily, could you tell us the story about your time with Aslan through the years?" Peter asks. I sigh.

"Maybe later, Pete. I'm feeling a bit dizzy right now." I reply. Caspian looks at me worriedly.

"Do you need water or something?" Caspian asks. I shrug.

"I don't know. I just feel really dizzy." I reply. Caspian bites his lip.

"Alright. Just let me know if you need something." Caspian says. I nod and continue walking. After a while my legs give out and I collapse. Caspian catches me.

"We need some water and an apple over here." Caspian says loudly. My siblings look extremely worried.

"I don't feel so good, Caz." I groan. Caspian sits down and holds me in his lap.

"You'll be fine. I think you're just dehydrated." Caspian tells me. A faun brings us a flask of water and a bright red apple. I smile gratefully.

"Thanks." I say. The faun nods and gives me the two items. I drink some water and immediately feel better. The world slowly stops spinning. I eat a bit of the apple and feel myself gain some energy.

"I'll just carry you for a while." Caspian tells me.

"No. I'm fine now. I just needed to drink water and eat a bit. I'm okay. Really I am." I reassure him. He sighs but nods. I stand up and then he gets up as well. We all start walking again. I finish the apple and drink the rest of the water from the flask. They had many other flasks filled with water so I didn't worry about it. I toss the apple core to the side and attach the empty flask to my waist where I used to hold Susan's horn.

"So what were you going to say when Peter interrupted you?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"Nothing much. I just saw that you looked a bit ill and I was going to see if you were alright." Caspian replies. I bite my lip but decide to accept his answer. But I can't help but wonder if he was going to say something else.

------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! That's Chapter 21!!! I hope you liked it!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless