Chapter 25

Emily P.O.V

Trumpkin, Edmund, and Lucy follow me as I hurry down the hall to the stone table room. My eyes widen when I see an ice wall in front of the carving of Aslan. But what makes it worse is that the White Witch is holding her hand out to Caspian in an attempt to get him to free her.

"Get away from him!" I yell. Edmund takes care of the werewolf, Trumpkin and Lucy take care of Nikabrick, and I take care of the hag. I cry out in pain when she twists my arm, forcing me to drop my sword. I take my shield and slam it into her head. She screams and falls to the ground. I pick up my sword and behead her. I run over to Caspian and knock him out of the circle.

"Emily, dear. I've missed you." The Witch says. "Come on, just one drop. You know you can't do this alone."

"Liar! I killed you over thirteen hundred years ago. And now, I get to do it again!" I roar before stabbing her through the stomach. Her eyes widen and she tilts her head back screaming. The ice wall shatters. I look around to see Trumpkin aiding Lucy with her bleeding wrist, Edmund is cleaning off his sword looking paler than normal, and Caspian clutches his left hand. I hurry over to Caspian and sit beside him.

"Let me see." I say softly. He takes his right hand away and I see the gash on his left palm. I sigh and do the best I can to fix it. Once I've finished, Caspian looks upset.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I almost gave in." Caspian breathes. I sigh.

"Caz, I would never let anyone hurt you if I could help it." I reassure him.

"That's just it, Em. You protect me so easily. But when have I been able to keep you safe? That's right, never." Caspian says pulling his knees to his chest.

"Caspian, you've kept me safe plenty of times. Not only have you kept me safe, but you also defend me. Remember when Peter was blaming you and you blamed him for leaving Narnia and abandoning me?" I ask. He nods.

"And you've kept me a secret from Miraz for at least a year. That's a big act of protection." I remind him. Caspian sighs.

"But still, you can fight people without even thinking about it if they were going to hurt me. I always think it through." Caspian points out.

"But you always succeed in saving me. If anything I endanger myself by attacking without a plan." I argue.

"Maybe I'm just not what you need." Caspian says. I shake my head.

"Caspian, I love you. You may have doubts about yourself but I love who you are." I say softly. He pulls me into a hug.

"I love you too." Caspian whispers. I smile and hug him back. I pull away from him gently to make sure I don't hurt his hand and/or his arm. I stand up.

"Do you need help getting up?" I ask. He shakes his head and tries to get up with just one arm. He groans when his wounded arm bumps a pillar. I immediately help him up.

"Maybe we have something to get rid of the pain." I say, glancing at his bandaged arm.

"No, no. I'm fine." Caspian tells me. I sigh.

"Alright. Come on, Love. You need to get some rest." I tell him. He opens his mouth to protest but quickly shuts it. I guess he thought he argued with me enough for one day. I guide him to his room and leave him to his own devices. I walk swiftly to the front of the Howe.

"Where've you been?" Susan asks.

"A hag, Nikabrick, and a werewolf tried to bring the White Witch back. And she tempted Caspian. But Edmund, Trumpkin, Lucy, and I got there in time." I reply. Peter growls.

"He lost us the mission and now he nearly brought the Witch back." Peter says angrily.

"Peter! Stop blaming Caspian! The mission wasn't his fault! And neither was the Witch! How was he supposed to know what Nikabrick, the hag, and the werewolf were up to!?" I yell.

"You're just defending him because you love him!" Peter yells back.

"Have you ever stopped to think about how you come off to others!? You treat Edmund poorly! You treat Lucy like she's an annoying brat! You treat Susan like she's an annoying know-it-all! You treat Caspian like he's the problem! And you treat me like I ruined your life!" I screech. Peter's eyes widen.

"Em...you didn't ruin my life. I just find it hard to believe that you were always left in charge and were always treated with more respect." Peter says. I glare at him.

"You want respect? Earn it." I hiss, before turning and storming back to Caspian's room. He sits up on his bed and looks at me.

"Are you alright?" Caspian asks. I shake my head and a tear falls down my cheek. Caspian holds his good arm out to me. I hurry over to him and sit on his bed. He pulls me into a tight hug and I cry into his shoulder.

"Why does Peter hate me?" I sob. Caspian holds me closer.

"He doesn't hate you. He's just upset that you get to make all of the decisions. I don't think anyone but Miraz could hate you." Caspian says. I snuggle into him and sniffle.

"You can stay with me tonight. I know you don't want to be alone right now." Caspian says softly. I lay down with him and he pulls the blanket over us.

"Relax, Em. Everything will be fine." Caspian whispers. I close my eyes and try to calm myself down. After a while, I finally manage to get to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! So that was Chapter 25!!! I hope you liked it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless