Chapter 24

Emily P.O.V

I hug Susan goodbye. And she hugs me back.

"Be careful." I plead. She smiles at me.

"I'll be careful, I promise." Susan says. I look at Edmund and tears fill my eyes.

"Are you warm enough? Is your sword sharp enough?" I ask. He smiles at me.

"Em, I'll be fine." He reassures me. I sniffle and pull him into a tight hug. He automatically hugs me back.

"Be careful." I say shakily. I pull away and turn to Peter. He looks at the ground. I pull him into a tight hug.

"You may get on my nerves, but you're still my brother." I whisper in his ear. He hugs me back tightly.

"I'm sorry for everything, Em." Peter whispers back.

"It's okay. Stay safe." I reply. I pull away and look at Caspian.

"Don't let your hate for your Uncle take you over." I tell Caspian. He nods.

"I won't. Or, well, I'll try." Caspian says. I pull him into a hug and sigh. He hugs me back.

"Promise me that you'll be careful." I plead. He buries his face in my hair.

"I promise, Em. If I don't come back...just remember that you mean everything to me." Caspian replies. I hug him tighter.

"You're not going to die. I refuse to even think about it." I say sadly. I pull away slightly and he takes my face in his hands.

"You have my heart." I tell him softly. He smiles weakly at me.

"Em, if I don't come back you need to promise me you won't do anything rash." Caspian says, looking me straight in the eye.

"Caz..." I begin.

"You need to promise me you won't do anything reckless or stupid." Caspian says. I sigh and nod.

"Okay, I promise." I tell him. He kisses my cheek before going to the griffins with Susan, Peter, Edmund, and Trumpkin. I sigh and look at a faun.

"Wake me up when they return please." I plead. The faun nods.

"Of course, Your Majesty." The faun replies. I smile slightly at him before going to my chambers. I climb into bed and a tear slips out of my left eye and runs down my cheek. I sniffle and close my eyes. After a little while, I finally get to sleep.

*TIME LAPSE*

"Your Majesty, they're back." A male voice says. I yawn and sit up to see the faun I talked to earlier.

"Thank you for getting me up." I say gratefully.

"Of course, Your Majesty." The faun says with a smile. I follow him to the front of the Howe.

"You abandoned Narnia! Not to mention, you abandoned Emily too!" I hear Caspian yell. My eyes widen and I hurry up to Lucy's side to see Peter and Caspian glaring at each other.

"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to be king than Miraz does!" Peter yells. Caspian turns around and starts to walk towards the stables with Destrier's reins in his hand.

"You, him, your father! Narnia's better off without the lot of you!" Peter yells. Caspian let's out a yell before unsheath in his sword and pointing it at Peter. Peter then unsheaths his own sword and crosses blades with Caspian.

"Stop it!" I cry. Edmund and Glenstorm put Trumpkin on the ground. Caspian gives the reins to a faun. The faun then takes Destrier to the stables. Caspian walks over to me and sheaths his sword.

"What happened?" I ask worriedly. He sighs.

"Miraz had my Professor in the dungeons so instead of going to the gatehouse right away, I went to get him out of his cell. But Professor let it slip that Miraz killed my father, so I went to get my revenge. But Aunt Prunapresmia shot me in the arm with an arrow." Caspian explains. I freeze and look at his right arm to find it unharmed. I then look at his left arm to find his sleeve torn at his upper arm. The fabric around the gash is soaked with blood.

"Oh...oh my god. Let's get you fixed up, Caz." I say softly, bringing him to a rock. He sits down and looks at me. I roll up his sleeve and look at a faun.

"I need a bucket of water, a cloth, and some bandages." I tell the faun.

"I'll get those right away, Your Majesty." The faun says before hurrying away. I get down on my knees and sit back on my heels. The faun returns with the items I requested. I soak the cloth in the water.

"Let me know if this hurts." I tell Caspian before gently cleaning his wound. He hisses in pain.

"Sorry!" I cry.

"It's fine. Don't apologize. It's not your fault." Caspian says through clenched teeth as he tries to get through the pain. I finish cleaning his wound quickly. I grab the gauze and wrap it around the wound. I gently tie it. I realize something I hadn't thought about before and I burst into tears.

"I should've gone with you. I shouldn't have stayed here. If I had went with you, you wouldn't be hurt." I sob. Caspian goes to comfort me but Peter growls at him.

"Get out of here. Don't talk to her." Peter growls. Caspian sighs and walks into the Howe.

"There, he won't bother you anymore." Peter says. I stand up and glare at him as much as I can while I still cry.

"You idiot! This is all your fault! Caspian did nothing wrong! You should've called it off when you had the chance!" I scream at him.

"Why are you defending him!?" Peter exclaims.

"Because he was only doing what his heart told him to do! I expected no less from him!" I sob.

"How could you be so protective of a Telmarine!?" Peter yells.

"It's because I love him!" I cry. My eyes widen. Everyone look shocked at what I just said.

"I love him....how did I not realize that sooner!?" I exclaim and hurry into the Howe. I need to find Caspian.

------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! That's Chapter 24!!! Hope you liked it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless