Chapter 27

Emily P.O.V

"Well?" I ask Edmund.

"He agreed. You have till noon to get ready." Edmund says. I nod and hug him before running to Caspian's room.

"Miraz agreed!" I exclaim. Caspian turns to me with a frown.

"I'm still not okay with this." Caspian tells me. I walk over to him and sigh.

"But Caz, I have to do this. I don't like the thought of leaving you and my siblings. If I get too hurt I'll have a respite." I reassure him. He pulls something out of a drawer and looks at me.

"My father gave this to my mother when they first got together. It was to protect her. When she died giving birth to me, my father made sure to keep the ring and passed it onto me to give to the woman I love. So, I want you to wear it." Caspian says as he holds a ring up.

" Caspian says as he holds a ring up

Tears fill my eyes.

"Of course I'll wear it. Caz, it's beautiful." I whisper. He slides it onto my middle finger on my right hand.

"I'll be watching the entire time. If you need a respite and he won't give you one, I'll force him." Caspian says softly. I giggle quietly and wrap my arms around his neck. His arms go around my waist.

"I love you so much." I say softly, my voice cracks from being on the verge of tears.

"I love you too." Caspian replies and kisses me. I close my eyes and melt into him. I pull away slightly and press my forehead to his.

"Love, I have to get ready. The duel is at noon." I whisper. He kisses me quickly.

"Okay." Caspian whispers back. He releases my waist. I pull my arms away from his neck and peck his lips before going to my room. I look in the mirror and sigh. I definitely don't look like my 11 year old self anymore. My adult features are becoming more noticeable.

 My adult features are becoming more noticeable

Not that I miss looking like a kid. But I used to not really have to worry about how I looked because nobody really judged me as a kid. But now that I'm 15, I have to make sure I look perfect in order to be noticed as Great Queen. I carefully twist my hair into a sophisticated knot. I put my armor on and grab a helmet that Peter made a faun make for me before he left for the attack on Miraz's castle. I grab my shield, sword, and necklace. I put the necklace on and fasten the shield to my left wrist. I carry my sheathed sword with me as I make my way to the stables. Lucy and Susan are on Destrier.

"Be safe." I tell my sisters. They look at me.

"You too." They reply. I walk over to them and help Lucy put her cloak on.

"What's that?" Lucy asks, looking at the ring Caspian gave me earlier.

"Oh. Caspian gave it to me. It was his mother's. His father gave it to her when they first got together, in hopes it would keep her safe. Caspian is hoping it will work for me." I reply, turning red. Susan and Lucy giggle.

"I think he'll propose next." Susan teases. I roll my eyes.

"Well, if he does, I won't say no." I admit.

"Awe!" They squeal. I laugh.

"You should get going." I say. They nod and I hit Destrier's butt. They take off into the forest and I hurry to the front of the Howe.

"Be careful." Edmund says as he helps me with my helmet.

"When am I not?" I laugh. Peter sighs.

"I'm sorry again, Emily. I keep messing up." Peter says. I smile at him.

"It's okay." I reply. Caspian pulls me into a hug.

"Remember what I said about respites." Caspian whispers. I nod. I grab the hilt of my sword and Edmund holds the sheath. I pull the sword out of the sheath and face Miraz. I enter the little battle area and we glare at each other.

"There's still time to surrender." Miraz growls. I smirk.

"Well feel free." I retort.

"How many more must die for the throne?" Miraz hisses.

"Just one!" I exclaim and push my face guard down and slam my shield and sword against his. We swing our swords back and forth. I finally manage to slice a decent wound just above his right knee. He cries out in pain and slams his shield in my face, cause my helmet to fly off. He uses all of his body weight to push me to the ground. He places a foot on my shield and twists. I scream in pain as my arm twists with it. He releases my shield and I roll towards him and swing my legs towards his, cause him to trip over me. I get up as quickly as possible and see Peter riding towards us on a horse with Susan holding onto him. I wince as my left arm begins to throb in pain.

"Does Her Highness need a respite?" Miraz spits.

"Five minutes?" I ask.

"Three!" He shouts. I walk over to Caspian and three of my siblings.

"Lucy?" I ask worriedly.

"She got through. With some extra help." Susan replies. I look at Peter and smile.

"Good job, Pe..." I begin before crying out in pain when Edmund touches my left arm.

"I think it's dislocated." Edmund says. I look at him, wide eyed. This is not the time to have to pop limbs back in place!

-------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! So that was Chapter 27!!! Hope you liked it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless