Chapter 22

Emily P.O.V

We come to a stop when we reach a very large clearing. At the opposite side of us is Aslan's Howe.

"We've arrived." I tell my siblings. They stare at the Howe in awe. We make our way to the main walkway of the Howe and Caspian walks behind the five of us as we enter the Howe. Susan walks off and I stay with Caspian and my other three siblings. I wrap an arm around Edmund's shoulders.

"How's my little brother?" I ask him with a sweet smile.

"I'm good, Em. How've you been?" Edmund asks.

"I'm well thank you. By the way, what's with Peter?" I ask.

"He's been horrible after we left Professor Kirk's mansion. We go to boarding schools while the war is still going. We were actually waiting to catch a train to our schools before we ended up here. But before the train came, Peter got in a fight. A guy bumped him and wanted him to apologize. So Peter hit him." Edmund tells me. I sigh.

"Well at least you're still the same." I say with a big smile and give him a side hug.

"It hasn't been the same without you. Mum still favors Peter by the way. But Susan and Lucy are always there to help me out. Mum was mad at Peter for losing you in the forest by Professor Kirk's house. We couldn't just tell her you were still in a magical land. But she hasn't mentioned you in a long time. In fact I think she doesn't even think about you. It's hard for me to even stand being in the same room as her." Edmund says. I pull him to a stop and give him a full hug. I kiss the top of his head in a motherly way. I sometimes feel like he's my son but other times he's my brother.

"Peter. I think you should come look at this." Susan says. I pull away from Edmund and give him a soft smile.

"Walk with Lucy, dear one. I have to stick with Caspian for now." I tell him. He nods and walks next to Lucy. I walk in step with Caspian.

"How are you holding up with the twat that is my older brother?" I ask. Caspian chuckles lightly and looks down at me.

"I'm doing better than I thought I would." Caspian replies. I smile at him.

"It's us." Susan says, glancing at the wall drawing of herself, Peter, Edmund, Lucy, and I.

"Do you not know where we are?" I ask. They shake their heads. I glance at Caspian. He grabs a torch and leads the way into the room with the stone table. Caspian lights the room with the fire river/pit that runs around the outskirts of the room. On the wall opposite of us is a carving of Aslan. One the wall to the left is a carving of Orieus and a few griffins in flight. Then on the wall to our right is a carving of me on my throne. Lucy walks forward and places her hand on the stone table. Peter glances at the carving of me and sends me a small glare. Susan seems to get a bit jealous as well and sends me an upset look. I sigh and hug Caspian's free arm to my side. He looks down at me.

"You and Aslan must know what you're doing." Lucy says, glancing at me. I look at the carving of Aslan.

"I'm sure he knows what he's doing." I say. Lucy stares at me. I turn my head and bury it in Caspian's sleeve.

"I have no clue what I'm supposed to do." I say. Caspian puts the torch down and pulls me into a hug.

"Don't worry. We'll figure this out." Caspian reassures me. I sigh.

"I hope you're right, Caz." I reply. Caspian slowly guides me out of the room.

"How come she got a carving in here with Aslan?" Peter complains.

"I know. I mean you fought the Witch and you handled a lot of stuff with the kingdom." Susan replies.

"But Emily killed the Witch, she's Aslan's second, she's the Great Queen, and she had more responsibility than you. When you wanted to pass a law, you had to run it through her first. Plus she's been here for an extremely long time." Edmund reminds them. I smile.

"But I'm High King Peter The Magnificent!" Peter exclaims. I roll my eyes.

"She's Great Queen Emily The Prodigy." Lucy counters. Caspian guides me completely out of hearing range and we go to a little spot where we can be alone.

"Your brother and sister are extremely jealous of you. And they have a good reason to be. I mean you're younger than them and yet you get more power than both of them combined." Caspian says. I nod.

"That's probably a reason why Aslan made me higher in power. Peter would get crazy with power and Susan wouldn't know how to deal with it." I sigh.

"Don't worry, Em. I'm sure they'll come around soon." Caspian says with a smile. I smile back.

"I hope so. I mean they're my siblings, I don't want them to hate me." I reply. Caspian and I sit down.

"They don't hate you. They just wish they have what you have." Caspian tells me. I bite my lip.

"I guess." I reply.

"Em, there was actually something I wanted to ask you earlier when we were on our way here." Caspian admits.

"I knew it! What's up?" I ask. He swallows hard and looks at me. Uh oh, is this something bad?

------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! That's Chapter 22!!! I bet you must be excited for the next Chapter!!! Right!!? :)

~BeatriceIsDauntless