➰5➰

To say that things are really awkward between me and Alec, would be an understatement of the year. We came all the way to the institute completely in silence and didn't even look at each other's side. I was lost in my own thoughts, as I was trying to figure whether I care about him or not, and the main question was why I cared. He was still angry at me for confronting him about his feelings, so he didn't even bother to say anything. We enter the training room as calm as we can, and Alec takes his bow and arrows while I just stand at the corner awkwardly not knowing what to do. At some point he notices me looking dumbly at him and at the stack of weapons and gives an exasperated sigh.

"Don't just stand there, come and pick something. You can't face a vampire without a weapon" he says coldly and points to the weapon. I take a step forward unsure what to choose.

"I don't exactly know how to battle with these things" I say awkwardly scratching my head. I never liked pointing out my weak sides. Alec pops up a brow.

"Well, you didn't have a problem using one when we were back at the club" he says surprised. I stare at him dumbly for a moment, before I remember the way I killed the demon that was attacking Clary. He is right, I did know how to kill the thing, but I am not sure I can use it, now that I am calm and not worried about Clair.

"It was an instinct?" I say smiling slightly. Alec shakes his head and takes out a blade. He throws to me and my instincts instantly kick in. I catch it in the air, when Alec smiles at me smugly.

"You are a natural, Ivy. I am sure you can figure out how to use it"

"Maybe you could still show me? I mean, yeah I want to save Simon and all, but I don't want to get killed because I didn't know how to use a stupid blade" I mutter embarrassed. I hear Alec chuckle and look up to him. He is leaning to the table with his arms crossed at his chest and he is looking at me with a humor in his eyes. It seems like the argument we had back at the cemetery didn't even happen. Or he is trying to act that way. So, for now, I act as he wants and smile at him gesturing to the blade. Alec rises his hand and points me to come to him with his finger. I gulp internally, and take a hesitated step towards him. I don't want to have those feelings I had when he was straddling me. But it seems like he has other ideas when he pushes himself off the table and comes near me. He is looking at me so intently that for a moment I forget how to breathe.

"I don't bite, you know?" He whispers leaning to my face and taking my hand in his big one. I almost jump at his touch, but try to control myself. I don't want to show him the way his touch makes my body react. He slowly raises my hand which holds the blade and gets behind my back. I am feeling his breath on my neck and I am nearly falling apart right there in his arms. I try to concentrate on the blade, but it is no use. He is a distraction to me and I am not liking it.

"You have to feel the blade through your veins, like it is a part of you. You have to let its energy run through your body and sometimes to even control you. Close your eyes and try to feel it" he says with a low voice into my ear, and he speaks with such an intimidating voice that, I have a hard time doing what he says. I close my eyes and try to feel the blade in my hands, and not Alec's touch on my arm. It is hard, I am pushing my limits, but in the end, my mind wins over my feelings , and I am feeling the things he told me. I can literally feel the bright energy coming from the blade in my hands and it seems like all this time, something has been missing from my hand. It seems like now I am complete with the blade in my hands.

"There, you feel it. And now try to maneuver with it a little bit" he says letting go of my arm and taking a step back. I catch myself feeling disappointed at the loss of contact, and I instantly scowl at myself in my mind. Now is not the time to feel these things, Simon needs our help and we have to be quick. I say as he does, and like he said before, I am a natural. Until two days ago, I didn't even know what a seraph blade was, and now I am holding it like I have been fighting with it all throughout my life. I look amazed at Alec and he is smiling slightly at me.