➰26➰

The moment Alec disappears from my head I let the built up tears fall. He is going to come for me, but the last I want is for him to be captured. Just like in my visions. Because then... Then I will join Valentine, because I will do everything and anything to save him. And I saw how dangerous Valentine could be. Just by looking at his eyes I could sense the pure evil radiating from him. And he most certainly won't stop hurting Alec till I cave in.

I already did. Alec's words still keep ringing in my head. I can't let this happen. I love him damn too much and it can sound selfish, but I just can't bear to see him hurt. I shake my head wipe my bruised face to my bare shoulders. My dress is ripped and dirty, my face is in bruises because apparently Adam just couldn't resist me being too beautiful and so he just had to slap me a few times. Sick bastard. At least Izzy didn't marry him. Thank God for Simon.

The sound of the cell's doors makes me look at the entrance. I am half expecting Valentine to return, but it is not. Instead two cloaked figures march in with one more cloaked figure. But the third one looks like a prisoner just like me, because the hands are cuffed back, and the guards are holding the person roughly before pushing him towards me and disappearing behind the iron doors.

I furrow my eyebrows, and without intending it, I push myself towards the wall. I am getting mixed vibes from the person. The man lets out a groan and sits up.

"Bastards!" He groans once again and turns his hooded head towards me. He stills and keeps looking at me. I can practically feel his eyes all over me, and I begin to feel uncomfortable.

"Who are you?" My voice comes out rasped and I vince. The man sighs and crawls on his knees towards the opposite wall from my cell. Suddenly he throws his head back forcefully and the cloak falls off his head. And that is when my breath hitches and my eyes widen.

Because there he is. My long lost brother. My only family. Just like in my visions. His face is bruised and there are cuts just like mine, but I recognize him. Unknowingly tears star to fall down my cheeks again. He is looking at me with love and tears in his eyes. And I know I am mirroring his expression.

"George, it is you" I let out a breathy whisper and he smiles at me bitterly.

"Yes, Ives, it is me. It is really me. I... I have missed you so much, sis" he says, his voice breaking at some point. I want to run to him, to hug him like there is no tomorrow, but my shackles won't let it. My heart is beating so violently that for a moment all I hear is my own heartbeats. The excitement flows all through my body and suddenly I am laughing hysterically. Because this man, he is my brother and he is my home.

"I... You... You are alive! Thank God you are alive! You don't know how much I have been looking for you!" I let out through my laughs and I see surprise appearing in his eyes.

"You looked for me?" He whispers, and for a moment I see his little form, the one looking at the clowns and animals with vulnerability and excitement. A bile rises up my throat and I can't find my voice to answer him. So I just nod my head.

"I thought you forgot me" he says and looks down. I shake my head viciously.

"No! How could I forget you? You were always there with me, in my head, in my heart. Even when I lost all my hope and thought that I would never find you, I still thought of you and hoped that one day I will see you again. And here we are, that one day finally happening. Tell me, where were you all these years? Who took you from me back then?" I ask and his eyes once again rise up to meet mine. For a moment, a fear crawls up my back. I am afraid I will open my eyes and suddenly he will disappear. I am scared to blink, I am scared to take another breath, because I can't lose him once again. Never again.