➰10➰

I am stuck to my place for a moment and my eyes are widened looking at Alec's closed eyes and creased eyebrows. His lips are soft, yet rough against me. I just stay like a statue and I don't know what to do. My heart is going crazy, I can feel every hair on my skin go viral, my mind is blurry, excitement and something like passion is pulsing through my veins. It is when Alec traces my lip with the tip of his tongue that I snap, and I am attacking with my own lips like there is no tomorrow. I circle my arms around his neck and pull him closer, afraid to let go. Because I know that, if I do, he will come back to his senses and he will say that it is a mistake.

So I hold onto him, our lips are battling against each other so fiercely that, I can already taste blood in my mouth from his almost biting. Alec puts his hands to my thighs and suddenly I am against the wall, with him raising me up. I circle my legs around his thighs and it seems like it pushes him even more off the edge. His lips become rougher, his fingers digging into my thighs and taking me to a whole new level of passion. He groans at the base of his throat as I run my hand through his silky hair. When finally my lungs seem to be burning from the lack of air, we break apart, gazing at each other through hooded eyes. We are panting hard, and I see his eyes are almost black. I trace my lips with my tongue, tasting him on them. I groan inwardly. Now that we have kissed, it will be even harder for me to let go of Alec. Because any moment now, I wait for him to get under control and get back from me as far as possible.

He doesn't make a move to let go of me, so I still keep my hands in his hair playing with the locks subconsciously. He is looking at me now with lighter eyes, and our breathing is back to almost normal. But he doesn't say anything I expect him to say. Instead he just stays silent and examines my face. His thumbs on my thighs are making small circles and I am sure he is not even noticing what he is doing to me by that small gesture.

It is his cellphone that finally makes him slowly put me down and reach into his pocket. He frowns looking at the screen and gestures me to wait. I nod my head with red cheeks and run a shaky hand through my hair. I am still reeling back from his mind blowing kiss.

"Jace" he answers the phone and just like that, I am brought back to present. Jace... But I don't have time to wallow in my self pity, because suddenly Alec's face turns from confused to sad, as his eyes turn to me. "We are coming" he says after awhile and I furrow my brows. He puts away his cellphone and turns completely to me. I am already shaking my head when he starts to talk.

"Ivy, we have to go back to the institute"

"No, Alec, I am not going back-"

"Ivy-"

"-because, I don't want to fave Clary for now and frankly-"

"Ivy!" He exclaims suddenly making me shut up. I look up at him confusedly, but his eyes are still sad.

"Simon was killed by a vampire, Ivy" he says finally and I feel like the ground slips under my feet. I shake my head furiously holding my head between my hands.

"No... No it can't be... Simon can not be dead. They are wrong, Alec, tell me it is all wrong, it can't be true!" I cry out urgently and throw myself at Alec clutching his shirt in my hands. "Tell me it is not true..." I beg him with teary eyes. Alec lets out a sad sigh and holds my elbows.

"Ivy, the reason they are calling us back to the institute is, Clary needs to decide whether she is to bring him back as a vampire or to stake his heart. She needs you" Alec explains rubbing my arms. I calm a little hearing that it is possible to bring him back no matter in which state.

"So, Simon can be resurrected as a vampire?" I ask with a glimpse of hope in my face.

"Yes, but Simon won't be the same ever again. It will be a hard and painful journey for him-"