➰15➰

"Why is it taking her so long to wake up?" I can hear Alec's voice in my head, but it is cloudy and I am not even sure it is real.

"The demon venom plus her being exhausted from using her powers, is a very dangerous combination, Alexander" Magnus replies and with that I know that I am not in a dream. I struggle to open my eyes, my head pounding and my bones aching. I use as much as strength I can muster up and finally I am able to open my eyelids and let out a groan. My vision is blurry, but I can make out two shapes, one looking exactly like Alec and the other one like Magnus. It seems like I am in some kind of a room, with lots of things very shiny and glittery.

"Ivy" I hear Alec breathe out and he is immediately by my side. I try to sit up, but my head starts to spin and I fall back to the pillow groaning.

"What happened? Why am I feeling so crappy?" I moan rubbing my head. My eyes start to see clearer and now I can make out Alec's worried face in front of me. He looks tired and there are bags under his eyes, and if I didn't know better, I would have said that he has aged throughout the time I was off.

"Alec, you look like hell" I blurt out without realizing and Alec sighs tiredly.

"I feel like one" he says and stands up turning his back to me. I frown and look at Magnus, who is looking between me and Alec with emotion I can't name.

"Magnus, what are you doing here?"

"It is my place, dear Ivy. You are at my house, you have been for the past three days" he says causally smiling a little and at that my mouth falls slack.

"Three days?" I screech making him wince. "I have been out for three days? How is that even possible?"

"Ivy, honey, please don't scream, and yeah, you have been unconscious for the past three days. It happens when you kill almost 15 demons with a flick of your hand, Ivy. You are inexperienced, you don't know how to control your power, and here you are, resulting in exhausting yourself" he explains sitting at the side of the bed. I look with wide eyes at him, not knowing what to say, so I turn to Alec, who is leaning exhausted to the wall and looking at me with his almost dead eyes. His state is making me worry about him. Because, I can guess that I am the reason he looks so beat, and I can't help but feel guilty.

"Alec..." I whisper looking sadly at him, and I don't even know why I call out his name, his eyes flashing at my voice.

"Well, I will leave you twi lovebirds to catch up. Call me if you need anything. And Ivy, I am glad that you are okay" Magnus says standing up. I turn to look at him and slightly smile nodding my head.

"Thank you, Magnus" and with that he winks at me and leaves the two of us alone. The air in the room is awkward, and I don't even know why. Alec is acting strangely, so unlike himself, because the Alec I have grown to know, would come to my side and hug me tightly, because with me, he is not ashamed to show his true self. But I can sense that something is stopping him and I don't think I like it a bit.

"Alec, what happened?" I ask a simple question, but it is enough to rile him up and he explodes in a matter of second. He marches up towards me with his eyes suddenly flaming, and tightens his jaw.

"What happened is, you pushed me out of the way, you threw yourself in front of me, taking the blow meant for me and it should have been me instead of you lying there! What were you thinking? You could have died! Did you even think what I would do if you were dead because of me? No! You didn't clearly!" He snaps at me through his teeth and I open my mouth to say something, anything to calm him down, but he shushes me. "Do you know, how worried I was? I haven't slept, eaten, or left your side in three freaking days, watching you have nightmares and writhing in agonizing pain, and not knowing what to do to help you! Do you know how helpless and weak I felt? Ivy, you have no idea what you are doing to me! I have never felt this much emotion in my entire life and you are making me feel them in just three days!" He breathes out the last part and sits next to me defeated. My eyes well up at his speech and my heart shatters knowing that, I have put him through this much. But I couldn't help it, it was an instinct, I just kind of threw myself in front of him, because I don't think I would have lived with myself knowing that Alec was hurt and I couldn't do anything about it. So, I kind of know where he is coming from, and I choose to shut up. Slowly, I sit up at my bed leaning into the pillows, and I put my hand hesitantly on his shoulder, fearing that he will shrug it off. But he doesn't so I give him a squeeze as a tear escapes my eye.