➰16➰

It takes me a week to get better before I can leave Magnus' place. Everybody comes to visit me once in awhile, but not him. Without realizing it, I catch myself hoping that every time the door opens, it will be him. I will see his beautiful blue blue eyes, and he will tell me that he regrets the mutual decision and he wants me, but he never comes. I know I supported this decision, and I know it is the right thing, but it doesn't mean that it is easy.

It is hell. These last few weeks I have gotten so accustomed to him, that now that he is not here anymore, it is hard. Because everytime I feel lonely, the first name that comes to my mind to call is him. Every time I want to feel calm and collected, it is his number that I want to dial. But I never do. Because if I do, I know that I won't be able to stick to our agreement. So in order to take my mind off him, I persuade Magnus to teach me a bit of magic, even if he insisted that I wasn't strong enough. But in the end he gave in and every evening he taught me some tricks.

I can't say that, I like the shadowhunter world. But this warlock thing, it is awesome. I find myself liking it a bit more every time we do something amazing with Magnus, and I catch myself slowly reconsidering the decision to stay out of this world. Magic makes me feel alive and wanted. It is like I am important, and I can help whoever I want with just a snap of my fingers. And I like it.

Today is the last day of our training. Because today is the day I go back to the institute, the one thing I have dreaded the most. Jace is coming to get me in a couple of hours and I am nervous as hell. I will see Alec after a week of torment, and I don't know how I will contain myself from jumping up his bones and begging him to take me back.

"I see you are already packed" Magnus' voice breaks my thoughts and I turn to look at him. He is wearing his glittery clothes and is smiling like always. I nod my head and give him a slight smile.

"Why don't we start then our last lesson for now? And besides, I have to tell you something" Magnus says seriously, and I frown. If Magnus is serious, it can't be good. We make our ways to the living room and Magnus gestures to the sofa while he seats in his previous armchair. I look for a moment at the sofa, because the last time I sat there, it was with him and we almost kissed.

"It will get better you know" Magnus says making me look at him and he is looking at me with something close to sadness. I don't answer and chase away my thoughts of Alec. I sit and turn to him.

"What do you want to tell me?" I ask directly. Magnus sighs and leans his elbows to his knees leaning to me.

"Have you ever wondered why Valentine was looking for you and your brother?" At the mention of my brother, my chest tightens.

"I have asked myself that over and over again, and the only conclusion I got is, probably now that I am a warlock too, my brother is also like me, and he wants us for some reason that has to do with magic" I explain, but Magnus shakes his head.

"It is not just that. If he needed only a warlock, he could have taken anybody, but you... You are special, Ivy. You have blood of shadowhunter and a demon pumping through your veins. And Valentine wants that blood in order to create a stronger army. And there aren't many half shadowhunter/half demons in this world" Magnus says with creased brows and my heart skips a beat. Not because of myself, but because of my brother.

"But in my vision he wants me to do something. What can it be?" I ask desperately running my hand through my tresses, a move I have learned from Alec...

"Have you ever taken a stele into your hand, Ivy?"

"No, and I am not planning to..." I say hesitantly and Magnus sighs shaking his head.