➰12➰

"Ivy Clover and Alec Lightwood, how nice of you to finally show up, Ivy" we hear Magnus say as soon as we set foot on his living room. He is seated in his armchair looking all glittery and weird as usual with a drink in his hand and a slight smirk on his face. I stop and nod my head stiffly.

"If I am not mistaken, I offered you to come with me that night but you declined. So what changed?" Magnus asks cocking an eyebrow and I gulp, because it is already hard enough for me, and somehow I fee weird whenever Magnus is near. I mean he is just so... Powerful. Strong energy surrounds him and that energy seems to suffocate me. But the strangest part is, whenever I am near him, I also feel like I am where I am supposed to be.

"I had this vision..." I trail up and let out a tired sigh. It seems like Magnus feels my frustrated state, because he drops the cocky act and stands up putting aside his drink. He makes his way towards me and reaches out a hand.

"You don't have to tell me all about it if it is hard for you. I can see it myself. Just give me your hand" he says softy with a serious face and I look back at Alec hesitantly. He just nods his head and smiles a little encouraging me, so I turn back to Magnus and take a deep breath giving him my shaky hand. As soon as our hands touch I feel a strong energy rush through my body and when I look astonished at Magnus, his eyes are purplish yellow like and it seems like he is not here with me. My hand begins to sweat in his large one, but I don't take r back.

After a moment, Magnus comes back to real life and his eyes turn back to their natural brown color. He creases his brows and looks at me strangely.

"How many times have you had this vision?"

"It was the second time. The first time Valentine wasn't there. I just saw myself and Clary tied up to the wall" I answer and Magnus just nods his head. He tugs my hand and takes me to the sofa.

"Sit, we have a lot to talk about. You, handsome over there, if you are planning to stay here, don't just stand there, come and sit with her" Magnus turns to Alec and says winking at him. Alec stares at me as if asking whether I want him to say or not, and I do. I am not sure I can face this alone, so I just nod my head. Alec strides over to me and sits next to me, while Magnus sits again in his own armchair.

"So I take, you want to know why you have those dreams and these visions, right Ivy?" He asks and I nod my head. I don't trust my voice, because I am so nervous that, I don't think I can even utter a word. My heart is nearly exploding in my chest, and my hands are extra sweaty, so I just rub them to my jeans. It seems like Alec feels my distress, so he puts a hand on my knee and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

"Well then, let me tell you, Ivy. You, my darling, are half warlock, half shadowhunter" Magnus says carefully examining my face to see my reaction which is a shock. I blink several times and wait for him to say that it is just a joke or something, but Magnus continues to stare at me seriously. I turn to Alec and I see he is just as shocked as me.

"How is that even possible?" He breathes out the question for me and I snap my head towards Magnus.

"That means, Ivy's mother was a shadowhunter, while her father was a..." He stops and frowns. "Are you sure you want to know this, Ivy?" He asks me hesitantly and I give a sharp nod.  I am tired of not knowing what is happening to me, and I am ready to face everything that is to come at me.

"Your father was a demon" he finally says resulting with me giving a shocked yell and Alec taking a sharp breath.

"What? Magnus, are you crazy, it is impossible, it can't be!" I screech and jump to my feet circling around the sofa and running my hand wildly through my hair.

"I am sorry, Ivy, but this is the truth" Magnus says also standing up and taking my arms into his hands making me stop.

"How do you even know? How do I know you are telling the truth?" I yell at him, but he doesn't even budge. Instead he takes my hand once again and looks at me intently.