Chapter 2:

I cringe at my inability to bring that strand of spaghetti onto the fork. As if this is some kind of challenge, I try even harder.

"so, how was home alone like?"

Snapping out of my thoughts, i glance up at my mother and how beautifully her curly hair has been pulled back into a comfortable pony tail that falls back loosely over her curved shoulders. Her hazel eyes staring right into my blue ones as if they will shoot into me and develop a gigantic deep endless hole.

"huh?" i reply, lacking words.

"Aby, honey, this is exactly why I fear leaving you home alone...you lose yourself in things and...what if you have an important call to answer...you need to learn how to take care of yourself." she says, her eyebrows curved in a way that screams that she truly is worried.

"mum, its alright. I will be more carefull next time." I say with the hint of disappointment in my voice.

"i really hope so, honey." she says, coming over and giving me a tight, full of love hug that torments with my insides.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Back in the soft enchanted feel of my perfectly shaped bed, I stumble on to turn off the night lamp as sleep rushes over me. As darkness finally invades the entire room, my mind races through thoughts of the day.

I eventually tumble over the memory of Josh that was strange but still fascinating at the same time. The way he altered his tone and transformed from a loud annoyingly insane monster into a fragile beautiful boy, was somehow mysterious but beautiful at the same time. The way his brown eyes were in every simple way, better than mine. The most strange part is, i am here dwelling over him even though he is right there not so far away probably thinking about the same strange moment that somehow managed to invade my mind and root inside of it like pink tangled piece of gum that sticks to your body and refuses to let go. My mind gradually drifts away to sleep like a lion not waiting for anything to pounce upon his prey.

"Don't call me again! what do you want?! ...now!"

The loud roaring sounds suddenly shriken me awake as I am welcomed not by complete darkness but a spray of light casting into my bedroom from the lighted room opposite of my perfectly squared window. I squint at the same fragile shadow roaming around the room faster than ever. He now leans over to shut the light off and loudly shuts the door behind him leaving me annoyed yet again. I am stopped from analyzing the situation as sleep drifts over me as I sink deep into the darkness as well as the sleep hole forcing me in with great strength.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"mum, what do you think about our new neighbor?" I ask, still having last night's incident on my mind.

I have let it invade my mind as soon as my brain sharpened itself and let me remember it. It was, at any cost, strange. I chuckle at my constant use of the word "strange". It wasn't the first time i noticed how loud he can get, but it definitely made me sort of fear him at a time. What if he is treacherous?

"I don't know honey. I mean, they've been pretty good so far. Let's see now. Definitely better than the the last ones." she says, her face turning into a kind of hilarious expression.

I grin widely as I say "yeah definitely! but do you know anything about them?"

"oh, i just know that there's a father and a son." she says focusing deeply in what she is cooking that apparently hasn't started smelling yet. So, its hard to figure out what she is exactly making.

"oh and his mother passed away in an accident when he was just nine years old. Poor kid." she says looking genuinely heart-broken knowing how it feels considering her mother passed away when she was young too.

I sigh assuming that to be the possible reason for his sudden outbursts. Maybe thats the way pain affects you. I still haven't come across that much pain in my whole life so far and don't wish to either.

~~~~~~~~

hello. if you liked it, vote and comment! :)