Chapter 7

Slowly, but not lately, the heat that our hands created radiates like hot 

water on stove while I attempt to calm Josh down.

"Even after I tried doing it your way, he didn't stop, and you saw that." He musters.

I nod in agreement, before saying, " Yep. But you need to control yourself Josh. I've noticed you...." I struggle with my words, not wanting to make him any more angrier than he already was.

I stare into his eyes as the nasty mark on his left cheek steals my attention. I hesitate before gently trailing my fingers over his dark mark, making him cringe in pain.

"Does it hurt a lot?" I ask.

He grabs my hand and pulls it away quickly, still keeping our other hands locked.

"You don't have to worry about that" he snaps, but with care in his voice.

"Abigail, look, it's nothing. It was just a small fight." He insists.

"Its Aby" I snap and attempt to pull my hand away from his when he tightens his grip and looks at me.

"I'm sorry." He says.

He then wraps his hand around my cheek while I become aware of this awkward closeness between our faces, lightened by the lights of the room that make his eyes glisten and make me flutter inside.

It doesn't take any longer before his nose collides with mine and his lips find their way over my pink ones, making me tickle inside. He kisses me softly, probably because he hasn't acknowledged my approval. I just stay like that; blown away by his lips, blown away by the soft beautiful feelings it created, blown away that this somehow actually happened.

When I flutter my eyelids open, I see him looking at me with guilt in his brown eyes. I smile, while pressing my lips on his and enjoy this feeling of making him happy. I observe the spark in his eyes as I pull away and unintentionally, blush. Absolutely destroying the fact that I was the one who had the courage to kiss him back.

"Well, why don't we eat now?" He remarks, motioning towards the two untouched pizzas sitting on the table, looking the same even though so much has changed around it while I bite a bit of it and swallow it down.

"You know, maybe I really shouldn't hit people like this, but uh...Aby some people are just f***ed up. That's how they should be treated." He says, hoping that I understand.

I break into a round of laughs as glance at the confusion drawn on his face.

"Okay...okay. I get it. Fine." I say in between laughs.

"But that was really nice." He smiles while giving me a flirtatious smile.

I gawk in confusion for while, until it hits me like a hurricane.

I smile as I say, "it sure was."

In the midst of us persuading each other of what pizza store is better, I grab my phone to notice Court's text that leaves the bite of pizza stuck inside my throat refusing to get down.

I instantly stumble out of the bowling alley, while Josh throws questions my way and run to catch a yellow New York taxi whose strong heat doesn't prove to be enough to slow down my rising heart beat. I jump out of the taxi, paying whatever I have to and feel the coldness of the steel elevator making me shake even more. I lean on the rough cold steel surface of the elevator while interlinking my own hands together.

I slowly glance through the tiny window on the rough door that keeps me and Court away. Court's pale face greets me with exasperation as I let out a huge sigh that destroys the intense silence in the room. Seeing Court lying there in those baggy white clothes ruins her reputation of all those colorful dresses spreading a light everywhere she went.