Chapter 3:

The school bell rings loud in my ears causing them to yield in pain, as I realize they have altered the bell for this year. Either way, it is obnoxiously louder than the last one. As fast as I possibly can, I proceed towards my rectangular locker enthralled to decorate it yet again. That is one of the reasons beginning a brand new school year isn't a disappointment. I am busy fetching myself all the decorating supplies when someone slaps me hard on the back making fiery anger flicker inside of me. I instantly turn around to realize it is my sarcastically hilarious yet incredibly beautiful best friend - Courtney Johnson - "courty" for short. She would knock the air out of you if you even mistakenly called her "court". However, I have a tendency to do so almost all the time which leaves her speechless with anger yet acceptance at the same time, which i believe is adorable like nothing else.

She screams with irritation in her voice, "Ugh! Don't you think summer ended fast?!"

Courtney has always been the type of person who doesn't seek joy in little things like decorating your locker. So, you can frankly say that she has this ridiculous spot filled with pure hate for school and homework in her heart or should I say mind? Heart equals love, right?

I observe her brunette hair that hangs very comfortably all over her shoulders which she repeatedly flips back and forth and considers that to be a wicked "attitude" towards her haters roaming around this building searching for the perfect moment to tear those hair apart, out of annoyance. I, on the opposite side, think that her this annoying habit keeps their attention far away from rating and judging me, considering i am not someone who would adore unwanted attention that will most likely ruin my self-esteem.

"not for me." I say, meaning it.

"of course not aby." she says, narrowing her eyes into a straight thin line with her fake long eyelashes emphasizing the look.

"what do you have?" she asks.

"Biology" i say and sigh.

Biology wouldn't necessarily be considered my favorite. Actually, it is probably my least favorite. In other words, i hated biology.

"what about you?" i ask prepared for the unfairness that will occur by Court's schedule being a better one.

She starts scrutinizing her edgy dark pink bag for her schedule that will most likely be a crumpled piece with stretch marks on it by now.

"ugh! Biology" she screeches in annoyance.

-------------------

Biology and other periods sweep away like fast running water as I stumble toward my table with Court parallel of me. As I place myself in the squared seat across from Court who is eyeing the food very intensely ready to swallow it down through her throat like a hungry animal, considering she probably didn't consume breakfast because of waking up late in the morning.

"Looks like you're dying to eat that" I comment causing her to smile tightly, not at all meaning it.

"Very funny" she says sarcastically.

As I look up scrutinizing the lunch room for no reason at all, I notice Josh sitting alone focusing deeply on his food. His brown hair a complete mess, his faded blue jeans adding the perfect touch to the dark blue T-shirt that stunningly fits him so well clearly shaping his abs even more.

I suddenly snap out of the staring to hear Court bragging about how Lindsay snapped at her.

"And then she did the unbelievable! She totally almost pulled my hair when our math teacher stepped in. That brat! Got to be kidding me!"

I fake a shocked look as I scream "oh no! How could she?!"

As I decide to take yet another glance in Josh's direction, I notice all the girls beside his table clearly gawking at him as if they have never seen a boy before.

I cringe in jealousy. Just because he is my neighbor doesn't mean I own him. I shouldn't be envious. I shouldn't be envious. I shouldn't. I shouldn't ...

--------------

That's exactly what I repeatedly chanted to myself while I was in that room. As I step outside of the school sighing heavily in my mind acknowledging the fact that the first day that informs you of everything you have to go through and everyone you have to go through with, is finally ended.

As I pass the public park that is filled with tall tress that somehow set the mood for the sunset like nothing else, are now covered with the shade of orangish yellow that looks absolutely beautiful. I quickly decide to go step in there before reaching home. As I do so, there, on the rectangular bench, making the already beautiful view, even more incredible, enlightening the mood, and sending bliss down my spine, is Josh.

Without any hesitation, I move towards him.

"Hey" I say in a sweet voice that comes out naturally.

He looks up with glistening eyes that radiate disappointment as I take a seat beside him, making sure to keep my distance.

"Hi" he says, his voice sounding the complete opposite of sad.

I shrug before saying, " so, how do you like our school?"

I say every word very carefully, afraid of saying the wrong thing that will cause him to scream at me.

He takes my question in before saying "not bad" with a wide huge grin across his face that causes my insides to tingle with bliss.

"Cool." I say smiling back at him for the first time. Hoping this helps shape his reputation of me, repairing for the last time that I did not get the chance to smile back.

"How do they like me?" He says, clear sarcasm on his face that gives me the confidence to be sarcastic too.

"Oh they hated you..." I laugh and say.

To my utter surprise, he laughs. His laugh just makes me melt all the way. It's probably the best sound I've ever heard.

"Actually, they really liked you. Oh and the girls! The girls were literally gawking at you like crazy" I smile wide and say.

He raises his eyebrows with a genuine smile on his face as he replies, "were you?"

~~~~~~~~

hey! thank you for reading. if you voted for the last chapters, thank you.

if you liked this, then don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT! :)